Worst Current Contracts in NFL

LinebackerGod

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Robert Quinn is signed through 2024. He has cap hits of $14.7M, $16M, $17.1M, and $16.1M. He played in 51% of Chicago’s snaps and garnered a whopping 6 pressures, 0 TFLs, 1.3 tackles/game, and 2 sacks. If the Bears wanted to cut him, they’d actually lose $9M. Doing so next year does save them $6.7M but still incurs over $9M in dead money. Quinn’s contract is baaaaad. 

As for NE, don’t really have too many particularly bad contracts. Edelman’s is probably up there, given how injured he’s been the last two years. Hightower’s hit is higher than you’d like but he’s still a good player. 

I didn't believe the Quinn one until I looked it up. How does a guy who after the Rams cut him and then bounced around teams get that much money on the Bears? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Houston texans worst contract has to be whatever they pay jack easterby. 

I didn't include him (and his $3mm salary) because literally any dollar amount would be an overpay. He could make $100.00/yr and it would be an overpay. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 12:27 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Robert Quinn is signed through 2024. He has cap hits of $14.7M, $16M, $17.1M, and $16.1M. He played in 51% of Chicago’s snaps and garnered a whopping 6 pressures, 0 TFLs, 1.3 tackles/game, and 2 sacks. If the Bears wanted to cut him, they’d actually lose $9M. Doing so next year does save them $6.7M but still incurs over $9M in dead money. Quinn’s contract is baaaaad.

Yup.....just old school "pay a dude a in his contract year" bad contract......and he never fit our system.....basically we could have used a pass rusher to come to give Mack a break....the other side we were fine with a MORE coverage LB

On 3/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, SDotNova said:

CJ Mosley. We “won” that contract and have hardly seen him play.

Totally forgot y'all signed him. 2 games with a groin injury and then an opt-out for 2020. Would be interesting to see him come back for Saleh and be the lynchpin of that defense.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, y*so*blu said:

For the Vikings, Kirk Cousins. For the Giants, maybe Nate Solder. They paid him a fortune (for an o-lineman, anyway) and he played like a career backup. I was actually relieved when he opted out of last season. 

That's surprising because from reputation anyway, he was supposed to be really good.

Edited by Uncle Buck