Jump to content
chargerbuckeye

ChargerBuckeyes 2018 Way Too Early Mock Draft. Post Injuries and Suspensions

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I would like Arden Key. I heard he slimmed down from 270 to 255. He probably needs to be at 270+ to play that base DE we need. Hopefully he's worked out whatever personal issues he has/had.

Meh. We don't need another pass-rusher right away. Hayes has been great, Branch is solid, and Harris is coming along. Plus I think Wake plays one more year. Probably a position we target in the 3rd. OL, TE, CB, and LB are much bigger needs.

Either Quenton Nelson, Roquan Smith, or Minkah Fitzpatrick. Nelson helps solidify the OL especially with Pouncey most likely gone after this year. Pairing Roquan and Raekwon up takes our front seven to another level. Fitzpatrick fits the mold of a Jalen Ramsey but I think he plays better at S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

Meh. We don't need another pass-rusher right away. Hayes has been great, Branch is solid, and Harris is coming along. Plus I think Wake plays one more year. Probably a position we target in the 3rd. OL, TE, CB, and LB are much bigger needs.

 

Hayes is a FA in 2017, and if Wake plays beyond 2018, he a situational passrusher. I like Key if he can show he can set the edge and play the run. I like Ejiofor later in the 1st round.

I think we'll end up in the middle of the draft again, and Key will most likely be gone - if he goes where he's capable of going.

Q. Nelson would be a solid pick there, as of now. I won't rule out Orlando Brown if Ju'wuan James leaves.

Edited by freak_of_nature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this scenario played out, with the Bengals on the clock and all of the QBs still there, I'm trading back to the highest bidder.  I get that Dalton isn't great, and that rosen could be, but we have to fix the line first.  And with all the QBs still there, there would be plenty of interest.  Look what Cleveland turned the Wentz pick into.  Not saying we'd get that much and keep trading back, but we absolutely could get enough to grab two OTs and a center in the first couple of rounds just off the trade back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 3:48 PM, scar988 said:

Why a strong safety? I'd argue Atlanta's biggest needs in the 2018 draft are a WR, a DT and an OG.

Free Safety. I was reading up that they need a ball hawking free safety. Do you think this guy can't play free safety. I considered slotting Sam Hubbard here.

Edited by chargerbuckeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

If this scenario played out, with the Bengals on the clock and all of the QBs still there, I'm trading back to the highest bidder.  I get that Dalton isn't great, and that rosen could be, but we have to fix the line first.  And with all the QBs still there, there would be plenty of interest.  Look what Cleveland turned the Wentz pick into.  Not saying we'd get that much and keep trading back, but we absolutely could get enough to grab two OTs and a center in the first couple of rounds just off the trade back.  

Cleveland blundered the Wentz pick by not picking Wentz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, Ajayii said:

Meh. We don't need another pass-rusher right away. Hayes has been great, Branch is solid, and Harris is coming along. Plus I think Wake plays one more year. Probably a position we target in the 3rd. OL, TE, CB, and LB are much bigger needs.

Either Quenton Nelson, Roquan Smith, or Minkah Fitzpatrick. Nelson helps solidify the OL especially with Pouncey most likely gone after this year. Pairing Roquan and Raekwon up takes our front seven to another level. Fitzpatrick fits the mold of a Jalen Ramsey but I think he plays better at S.

Key would make your pass rush deadlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Free Safety. I was reading up that they need a ball hawking free safety. Do you think this guy can't play free safety. I considered slotting Sam Hubbard here.

They don;t really need a FS either with how Allen is playing and how Kazee fits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even like Josh Allen, and I would rather risk taking him then Lamar Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2017 at 12:04 AM, chargerbuckeye said:

I'm hearing Staley is on the trade block

Haven't heard anything in that direction what so ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

although I like the pick for the Rams and it hits a need we WILL NOT be picking that early, BET! 

 

Position needs: OL, LB, CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Key would make your pass rush deadlier.

If he can revert back to the 2016 version then I'm all for it. That's not looking likely so far. And again, that's not our biggest need. We don't get a lot of turnovers and we still can't open holes up for Ajayi so the focus should be to improve one of those two areas in the 1st, thus Nelson, Minkah, or R Smith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, scar988 said:

Why a strong safety? I'd argue Atlanta's biggest needs in the 2018 draft are a WR, a DT and an OG.

So they're going to let Gabriel leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 9:45 AM, RamPackFan said:

although I like the pick for the Rams and it hits a need we WILL NOT be picking that early, BET! 

 

Position needs: OL, LB, CB

They'll definitely be picking early, they'll slow down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

They'll definitely be picking early, they'll slow down.

You're high. Don't be sour because your team is absolute garbage! haha ;)

Edited by RamPackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 6:12 PM, Crickett said:

So they're going to let Gabriel leave?

They're not gonna try to, but it wouldn't be shocking to see him or Sanu go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×