Comp picks Mock

squire12

Main theme for this was to target players in free agency that will not affect the 2022 compensatory picks that should be earned by the loss of Jones, Linsley and King.  Looking at players that have been cut or their last year contract was voided in cap saving moves.

Salary cap set at $182.5, puts GB currently at $1.061M in cap space after the Turner restructure but not factoring in the Amos restructure per …. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/ 

• Restructure

• Adrian Amos gains $750k per reports on the restructure → $1.8M cap space

• Extensions

• Davante Adams gains 1+3 years, $68M with $30M guaranteed, $12M SB

• 2021 cap hit - $8M (CAP GAINED = $8.7M)

• 2022 cap hit - $14M

• 2023 cap hit - $22M

• 2024 cap hit - $24M

• Za’Darius Smith - 2+2 years, $75M with $40M in guarantees (SB = $12M)

• 2021 cap hit - $9.6M (CAP GAINED = $11.9M)

• 2022 cap hit - $16.4M

• 2023 cap hit - $22M

• 2024 cap hit - $27M

New cap space = $22.4M

• Rookie net cap hit = $3M

• ERFA net cap hit = $1M

Cap space = $18.4M

• RFA

• Robert Tonyan $3.38M on 2nd round tender

Cap space = $15M

• UFA

• Malcolm Butler -- 3 years $18M with $7.5M signing bonus

• 2021 cap hit - $4.0M

• 2022 cap hit - $5.5M

• 2023 cap hit - $8.5M

• Sheldon Rankins -- 3 years $15M with $6M signing bonus

• 2021 cap hit - $3.5M

• 2022 cap hit - $4.5M

• 2023 cap hit - $7.0M

• Jamaal Williams  -- 3 years $12M with $4.5M signing bonus

• 2021 cap hit - $2.5M

• 2022 cap hit - $3.5M

• 2023 cap hit - $6.0M

• Marcedes Lewis -- 1 year $2M

• 2021 cap hit - $2.0M

Cap space remaining = $3.0M

DRAFT

• Pick 29= Dillon Radunz  OT  North Dakota State
  • Pick 62 = Amon Ra St Brown WR  USC
  • Pick 92 = Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky
  • Pick 135 = Alim McNeilI DL NC State
  • Pick 142 = Jermar Jefferson RB Oregon State
  • Pick 173 = Tyree Gillespie S Missouri
  • Pick 177 = Austin Watkins WR UAB
  • Pick 212 = Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan
  • Pick 218 = Manny Rugamba CB Miami OH
  • Pick 254 = Qwynterrrio Cole S Alcorn State

DEPTH CHART

STARTER       ERFA RFA UFA
QB Aaron Rodgers Jordan Love     Randy Ramsey Chandon Sullivan Kevin King
RB AJ Dillon Jamaal Williams Jermar Jefferson Patrick Taylor Kabion Ento Will Redmond Aaron Jones
FB Josiah Deguara       Willington Prevlion Raven Greene Corey Linsley
WR Davante Adams Devin Funchess     Anthony Rush Tyler Lancaster Jamaal Williams
WR MVS EQ Austin Watkins   Allan Lazard Tim Boyle Lane Taylor
WR Allan Lazard Amon Ra St Brown     Malik Taylor Robert Tonyan Tyler Ervin
TE Robert Tonyan Marcedes Lewis Jace Sternberger Isaac Nauta   Parry Nickerson Montravius Adams
LT David Bahktiari Dillon Radunz         Marcedes Lewis
LG John Runyan Simon Stepaniak         James Burgess
C Elgton Jenkins Chad Hanson         Tavon Austin
RG Lucas Patrick Ben Braden          
RT Billy Turner Jaylon Moore     UFA    
          Malcolm Butler    
  STARTER       Sheldon Rankins    
LDE Dean Lowry Sheldon Rankins Bronson Kafusi   Jamaal Williams    
NT Kenny Clark Alim McNeill     Marcedes Lewis    
RDE Kingsley Keke            
WLB Preston Smith Rashan Gary Randy Ramsey        
LILB Kamal Martin Oren Burks Curtis Bolton        
RILB Krys Barnes Ty Summers          
SLB Za'Darius Smith Jonathan Garvin          
LCB Jaire Alexander Kelvin Joseph Josh Jackson        
SS Adrian Amos Tyree Gillespie          
FS Darnell Savage Vernon Scott Qwynterrio Cole        
RCB Malcolm Butler Manny Rugamba          
Slot CB Ka'dar Hollman Kabion Ento KeiVarae Russell        

STARTER            
PK Mason Crosby            
P JK Scott            
H JK Scott            
PR              
KR              
LS Hunter Bradley            

Areas of concern: 

IOL is dependent on Runyan and Patrick holding down those OG spots.  Turner shifting out to RT.   With 2 developmental OT, moving Turner back to OG if Radunz or Moore show enough in camp/preseason.

DL is still not a great group.  Rankins, Lowry, Keke and McNeill are the rotational pieces around the stud in Kenny Clark.  

CB group is light on experience behind Alexander and Butler.  Need 1 of Hollman, Jackson, Joseph or Rugamba to step up

Grabbing St Brown and Watkins looks to add some more competition for the WR room and planning for 2022 with potential departures of MVS, Lazard, EQ and Funchess.  
Ideally, Tonyan is an in season extension to secure the TE spot for a few years.

Edited by squire12
  • Like 4

As a complete neophyte (rookie) at this mock draft stuff, but still obsessed with it all, my first take is that you've done a great job of selecting players who are very realistic choices both in terms of need and likely availability. I happen to especially favor Joseph, McNeil and Jefferson, so not only selecting them but also picking them in appropriate rounds makes good sense. Maybe the only suggestion I would offer is that I think you could still get Dillon Radunz with a bit of trade back into the second round and add a fourth round choice to boot. But he is a nice pick--farm boy strong, no nonsense personality. Nobody decides to play football in North Dakota because of the glamorous, glitzy beach life styles. Nice work!

I’m a fan of this look nice work, not sure Joseph & McNeill will be there in those spots. Pretty sure Joseph will go before pick 62 & McNeill in that area too say picks 60-80 roughly. It’ll be interesting to see where they all stack after pro days are completed. Radunz is my OT1 for us to select followed by Mayfield. I love St Brown or Amari in the 2nd both will add what’s needed to WR group. I think going Edge with one of the picks needs to be done too, push Garvin and Gary but it’s less a need now that Preston restructured, so a later round flyer.

McNeil at 135 would be a steal TBH. I really like this a lot; not so sure about WR so early when we have Funchess coming back, but ESB's brother is the better prospect and offers a different skill set than most of our WR's so obviously I can live with the pick. Little unsure of where Malcolm Butler is at this point in his career given his age, but his numbers last year were pretty good so, again, I can certainly live with it as well. Really like bringing in Rankins and keeping Williams. Williams really wants to be in Green Bay, he's improved every year, and he's not going to break the bank.

3 hours ago, GWH87 said:

I’m a fan of this look nice work, not sure Joseph & McNeill will be there in those spots. Pretty sure Joseph will go before pick 62 & McNeill in that area too say picks 60-80 roughly.

Always is hard to know where players are going to get drafted.  Rankings vary from site to site.  

3 hours ago, GWH87 said:

It’ll be interesting to see where they all stack after pro days are completed. Radunz is my OT1 for us to select followed by Mayfield.

I think Radunz, Mayfield and Teven Jenkins are all options in that late first round range.

3 hours ago, GWH87 said:

I love St Brown or Amari in the 2nd both will add what’s needed to WR group. I think going Edge with one of the picks needs to be done too, push Garvin and Gary but it’s less a need now that Preston restructured, so a later round flyer.

Extending Z and the restructure of Preston means that EDGE 1-3 are set along with Gary.    looking ahead to 2022, Z and Gary are there.   Preston could be gone or restructured depending on his play in 2021.    Probably could have used a later round pick on an EDGE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

McNeil at 135 would be a steal TBH.

Hard to say when player will be taken.  Rankings vary site to site.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I really like this a lot; not so sure about WR so early when we have Funchess coming back, but ESB's brother is the better prospect and offers a different skill set than most of our WR's so obviously I can live with the pick.

The round 2 WR is more about 2022 vs 2021.  Only WR under contract for 2022 would be Adams (after an extension).  Funchess hasn't played in almost 2 years, and that was just 1 game, so counting on Funchess is not ideal.    St Brown doesn't fit the mold of the current GB WR, but he seems so natural running routes and catching the ball.  

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Little unsure of where Malcolm Butler is at this point in his career given his age, but his numbers last year were pretty good so, again, I can certainly live with it as well. Really like bringing in Rankins and keeping Williams. Williams really wants to be in Green Bay, he's improved every year, and he's not going to break the bank.

The FA process was to look for players that would not count against the comp pick formula for 2022.    GB likely losing Jones, Linsley and King means 3 nice comp picks for 2022.  With NFL rosters being "purged" of veteran players, that was the thinking to look at those types of players to fill holes