OT Nate Solder reworks deal to stay with Giants

Acgott

4 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I have no clue what they see in this guy, but all right. Hopefully there's a significant pay cut involved.

They see his $10M dead cap. Reports are it’s a significant pay cut, be we will see.

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I have no clue what they see in this guy, but all right. Hopefully there's a significant pay cut involved.

His 2019 season was absolutely putrid. But the 4-5 seasons prior to that he was a stud. Can he regain that level of play...doubtful. But he cannot possibly play worse then he did 2 seasons ago. 

• Like 1

somebody smart on this forum said this was the way to go a few weeks ago ;)

seriously though, you can argue all day whether you think he's cooked or not.. that's totally fair.. from a numbers perspective, this makes the most sense.. hopefully he doesn't even need to play and Peart has things under control

• Like 1

I wonder if they don't plan to play him at guard.  I think he'd make a solid LG.  I'd hate to see our 3rd rounder get benched another year, because it'll just be a wasted pick and keeping him just to play a backup role it would have been more beneficial to have to released him under the June 1st rule.

I am not a fan of Will Hernandez, wasn't a fan when they drafted him and his game play has been exactly what I expected.  I blame his poor play for why Solder struggled so much, I still think Solder is a solid player and would definitely start him over W. H.  Will needs to be moved to the right side.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I wonder if they don't plan to play him at guard.  I think he'd make a solid LG.  I'd hate to see our 3rd rounder get benched another year, because it'll just be a wasted pick and keeping him just to play a backup role it would have been more beneficial to have to released him under the June 1st rule.

I am not a fan of Will Hernandez, wasn't a fan when they drafted him and his game play has been exactly what I expected.  I blame his poor play for why Solder struggled so much, I still think Solder is a solid player and would definitely start him over W. H.  Will needs to be moved to the right side.

Solder is 6’8 325lbs at playing weight, probably leaner now. He can’t play guard.

Just now, Acgott said:

We still may, depending on final negotiations with the contract

Let's hope so.  Nothing this GM does makes any sense to me.  Brought in to fix the line...instead he blows up the roster and still can't seem to do the one thing he promised he'd do.  Unless I see some better signings this roster is taking a step back.