Green Bay Packers 2017 Draft Pick Watch

Packer_ESP

I'm more worried about the overall health of the team than I am about Hundley  Next week vs NO is a big week.  If GB can pull out a win next weekend, they'll be 5-2 with 15 days to get healthy before the next game.  At this point, I'm looking at the season one game at a time.  There are too many variables in play to do anything else.  With the current injury situation, it's going to be a tall order for Hundley step in and win games, but I think this team could be competitive if the OL and secondary can get healthy.  MM did a decent job adapting the offense when Rodgers went down in 2013, and there are some pieces to work with on this team.  Will be tough to make many changes preparing for NO, but I am interested to see what the offense will look like after the bye.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

We aren't gonna win the SB with Hundley back there so what good will it do for us to make the playoffs?

This was my exact feelings as well until it hit me. I wanted to tank so instead of picking late teens we'd pick early teens but in reality the best outcome for this team is to win the division. 1. By winning the division the vikings dont 2. Experience for our young players 3. I have something to cheer for 4. Last but most important is Hundley. If we win the division, then it probably means Hundley played well which means we could probably trade him for an early pick! 10 spots earlier per round or an extra 2nd maybe 1st!???!!!!!

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, as long as playoffs are realistic is ridiculous to not keep rooting for wins.

10 wins will have GB in the playoff hunt.   Just need to find a way to scratch out 6 more wins.  Need to have some good fortune with tiebreakers and all.  Division games will be important as always, then NFC games.

We've got a good chance to win next week if we can have atleast House or King back and 2/3 OL. We'll have some new wrinkles with Hundley that Saints wont game plan for. This team now has us against the world mentality. The players are going to hear nothing but the season is lost and GB sucks without Rodgers. We might be better with everyone stepping their game because theyre now forced to.

Maybe GB won't win the Superbowl, but you should all be rooting for Hundley to set the world on fire. If he does, you're getting a boatload of picks from a desperate team with the added bonus of your players feeling like they can win without Rodgers, so when he does come back they know they can perform without A-Rod needing to be superman. These are all good things for GB's long-term future. Rooting for losses is just not something a fan does. If the losses come, they will come, but I will not be actively rooting for them and I don't see how anyone can.

1 minute ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Maybe GB won't win the Superbowl, but you should all be rooting for Hundley to set the world on fire. If he does, you're getting a boatload of picks from a desperate team with the added bonus of your players feeling like they can win without Rodgers, so when he does come back they know they can perform without A-Rod needing to be superman. These are all good things for GB's long-term future. Rooting for losses is just not something a fan does. If the losses come, they will come, but I will not be actively rooting for them and I don't see how anyone can.

If Hundley sets the world on fire, why not trade Rodgers for the package of picks and keep the younger QB?

Jacksonville, NY Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, SF, ARI would all be spots looking for a QB.

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

the same DR. CHoi who said it wasn't a collarbone injury right after I said it was?

yeah probably the same dude. Tbh I knew it was a collar bone right away. And knew he was going to come back in December for the super bowl run. Its all part of the plan.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, as long as playoffs are realistic is ridiculous to not keep rooting for wins.

I'm not rooting for the team to tank but unless this O line gets healthy again Hundley is going to struggle as he runs for his life.  I too hope he plays great but I don't think it would fair to him to expect him to perform like a 2 time MVP.  *Fingers crossed*

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

If Hundley sets the world on fire, why not trade Rodgers for the package of picks and keep the younger QB?

Jacksonville, NY Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, SF, ARI would all be spots looking for a QB.

Because draft picks are not a sure thing and Rodgers will still be in his prime next season.  BB didn't trade Brady away even tho he has a promising back up in Garoppolo.

MIN: BLT, CLE, @ WSH, LAR, @ DET, @ ATL, @ CAR, CIN, @ GB, CHI

DET: PIT, @GB, CLE, @ CHI, MIN, @ BLT, @ TB, CHI, @ CIN, GB

GB: NO, DET, @ CHI, BLT, @ PIT, TB, @ CLE, @ CAR, MIN, @ DET

MIN - 1 gimme, 2 losses, 7 toss-ups

DET - 1 gimme, 1 loss, 8 toss-ups

GB - 2 gimmes, 2 losses, 6 toss-ups

I definitely like the mega haul trade Rodgers idea.  I know it's dumb, so don't argue with me whether or not it's dumb.  I still want to do it.  If Hundley is even Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor level, I'd trade Rodgers for three first round draft picks.  It would have to include the first overall pick, and there'd have to be an obvious pass rusher available for that first pick, but I'd definitely do it.  Brady doesn't win Super Bowls, quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls, defense wins Super Bowls.  It helps to have Brady/Rodgers, but even Brady/Rodgers don't win without top 10 scoring defenses. 

Archived