2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

You'll notice the teams that blow money every year Jets, Jags are the worst teams in the NFL. Bill in Boston should know better with all the money they've spent. 

With how the Jets and Jags are positioned with decent free agent signings but nothing major outside of Lawson and Davis for the Jets and Jags keeping Norwell and Robinson but both for only a year and getting Robertson-Harris who has talent.  Sure it is not done especially for the Jaguars who have a ton of cap space and the Jets, only the Patriots have more room and they have won the day with their massive signings.  

And both teams though have a crap ton of picks in the first two rounds, both with two 1st rounders.  They are each sitting pretty nice and both will have a QB for the future when it is all said and done.  

Vikings signed Dalvin Tomlinson.  Kind of a surprise, not the athletic DT pass rusher one wants but clearly is a force in the middle and a big dude.  More of a 3/4 DE though just like Pierce was, will be interesting how that all plays out.   At least they addressed it but $10 mil a year is a lot.  Saw some thing he was the 22nd best Free Agent available in the NFL which is a surprise he is ranked that high.

Tons of guys still out there though, and the list does not even include them all.

Trent Williams
Kenny Golladay
Hassan Reddick
Eric Fisher
Jadeveon Clowney
Alejandro Villanueva
Carlos Dunlap
Patrick Peterson
Shaq Griffin
Janoris Jenkins
Anthony Harris
Malcolm Butler
Mitchell Schwartz
Brian Poole
Will Fuller
Hunter Henry
Desmond King
Xavier Rhodes
Curtis Samuel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Williams Jackson III
Casey Hayward
Kyle Rudoph
Riley Reiff
Antonio Brown
JuJu Smith Schuster
Ronald Darby
TY Hilton
Troy Hill

3 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I think I would’ve preferred for us to sign Sheldon Rankins instead of Dalvin Tomlinson...  hopefully I’m proven wrong.

Yeah, he was in the middle of that 3/4 and Leonard Williams played great and Dexter Lawrence was good as well.  Clearly the Vikings staff was sick of getting pushed around in the middle and not controlling the line.  Tomlinson helps in that regard but maybe they plan on cutting Pierce then?  Seems like they would both do the same thing and not sure they need two Jerry Ball run stopping types.  Wouldn't they need a pass rusher inside opposite the run stopper?  

2 minutes ago, Freakout said:

I was wishing we could sign Tomlinson and dump Pierce.  I wasn't expecting we could have both.  I am stunned.  This reminds me of when we got Joseph.

My guess is they do that, because the move does not make a ton of sense with both run stopping guys.  Would love to see Pierce and what he can do in the defense though at 6-0 340.  Maybe Tomlinson has more pass rush potential than some think, did have 3.5 sacks each of the past two years.