2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Still curious to see what they do at DT

I could still see them signing one of the vets that recently got cut. Guys like Short or Casey likely aren’t going to get picked up in the first wave of free agency. Maybe not until even after the draft. 

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I could still see them signing one of the vets that recently got cut. Guys like Short or Casey likely aren’t going to get picked up in the first wave of free agency. Maybe not until even after the draft. 

Oh yeah, there’s a chance of that. And those are the types of moves we typically make. I guess I was more or less talking about the bigger money too guys.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not sure I’d call Carl Lawson a premium DE

Between Him, Hendrickson, and Clowney, they basically are the cream of the crop guys that fit. So in a way I guess you could call him “premium”.

saw someone compare him to robinhood and he just needs a Batman and he can feast. I liked that.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Between Him, Hendrickson, and Clowney, they basically are the cream of the crop guys that fit. So in a way I guess you could call him “premium”.

He’s good. But you’re likely going to have to pay him like he’s great to land him on the open market. I don’t think I’d be willing to do that. 

Given the cost of Lawson’s position, I’d have to think that Lawson and Thuney are going get similar AAV type contracts. If that happens, paying Thuney would be a far greater investment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Free agency starts in 90 minutes, without actually starting. 

For those playing on Twitter, mind your usernames. If you get got, you’re out of the game for the rest of the day.

That's right, it's why you only trust guys like the big names, not some rando on Twitter (and especially the randos who have twitter names close to the big name guys) who claims to have a source.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's right, it's why you only trust guys like the big names, not some rando on Twitter (and especially the randos who have twitter names close to the big name guys) who claims to have a source.  

@AdamSchefler is still the one that’s gotten the most

If they sign a Shaq Griffin type corner, to me, it's another signal, along with the DB coach, that we will be seeing a shift in the type of coverage we play the majority of the time.  From Pattern-match quarters to more Rip/Liz single high looks.