2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Wilfs run a respectable organization and are good to their team. They already know the area, so acclimating for families is easier. Plus, if you don't have a job....

I’d say no job is a big part of it. Helps when the best year of your career is under Zimmer too. 

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

But I do find it interesting that a number of former players have appeared to express interest in coming back. Weatherly came back, and Alexander/Patterson/Kearse appear to have some interest. 

That is interesting, Alexander I would love back but we do not really have room for him anymore at CB and we could probably afford his contract easily that he might be getting.

And Kearse I would like but yeah he is more just a big slot corner who can do some things blitzing, is not really a coverage safety but considering who we have at safety outside of Harrison Smith, basically no one so cannot rule it out.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is interesting, Alexander I would love back but we do not really have room for him anymore at CB and we could probably afford his contract easily that he might be getting.

And Kearse I would like but yeah he is more just a big slot corner who can do some things blitzing, is not really a coverage safety but considering who we have at safety outside of Harrison Smith, basically no one so cannot rule it out.  

Alexander and Gladney could compete for the slot or boundary spots. I’d have no problem making that work. Guess that puts Dantzler as a 4th CB but that’s not a problem in Zimmer’s defense. Just wouldn’t do it if it cost the team a FA Guard.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

For the cost difference, I’d take Tomlinson over Rankins. 

To me the players feel similar, but Rankin's deal is better, and could feer us up to do; maybe, one more signing.

It isn't a huge difference though.

56 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

To me the players feel similar, but Rankin's deal is better, and could feer us up to do; maybe, one more signing.

It isn't a huge difference though.

Possibly, but Tomlinson isn’t coming off of a significant injury either though.  So it’s probably easier to project his production.

14 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Possibly, but Tomlinson isn’t coming off of a significant injury either though.  So it’s probably easier to project his production.

I'm sure his injury history was baked into the price, but it's still a really good deal for the Jets.

56 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Agreed, he seems to be hurt every year.  After watching Tomlinson more, give me him all day over Rankins no doubt about it, Tomlinson is far superior in run defense and is clearly quite underrated at getting penetration in the backfield.  

Tomlinson is still the highest paid DT in free agency according to what they get per year.  Suh is the only other DT arguably who is better but Suh is 34, Tomlinson is only 27.

Vikings made a great choice getting Dalvin.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what's he hoping to be paid? who's out there setting the contract price?

During the season a lot of the cap people out there had him in the $7M-$8M range. And there just hasn’t been any movement on any of the linebackers. The ones who have signed, have signed for near vet minimum. And the longer we get into free agency, the smaller the contracts get. 

• Like 1