2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

During the season a lot of the cap people out there had him in the $7M-$8M range. And there just hasn’t been any movement on any of the linebackers. The ones who have signed, have signed for near vet minimum. And the longer we get into free agency, the smaller the contracts get. 

what can we afford to pay him?

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what can we afford to pay him?

Probably not much more than what they paid for Vigil.

Realistically, I just don’t see Wilson wanting to come back. Not with Barr and Kendricks coming back healthy. Wilson is undoubtedly looking for his big pay day, and if he’s going to get it, he’s going to have to go somewhere where he can get a good amount of playing time and earn it, or show the league that he deserves it. 

But there’s also the possibility that scheme comfort is a lure to try and prove it, too. 

Edited by SemperFeist

40 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

🤔 big brain... restructures and signings in the way of dealing with a backup LB?

Almost has to be. The team is $4M under the cap with Vigil’s contract on the books. They’d be $5.1M under without. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Now I don’t think this would happen. 
but.... saw some chatting about it on Twitter.

Cap space available.

Clowney is available. Use him as a 4-3 DE on early downs and he could very easily be the guy to slide inside on pass rushing downs. 

Obviously not my #1 available guy I think we want or need, but would be a helluva interesting move.