2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

7 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

$2.25 million doesn't sound free to me, bro. 

Actually, it is $1.75 M, and $0.5 M of that are bonuses that probably won't be met.  But, IF they ARE met,we'll be happy.  I can live with $1.25 M.  That not much above the veteran minimum.  I'd say that's almost free for a 4 year veteran in his prime with a lot of upside, who is healthy and a good athlete.  If he has only a so-so year and wants too much money, next season, The Vikings can let him walk.  The Cap limit will skyrocket next season because of the new TV national contract, and fans back in the stands.  There will be lots of free agents from which to choose, because so many took 1 year "prove-it" contracts this season, because of the cap crunch, and wanting to play in The NFL. 

7 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Agree. I'd still want a big DE in the draft that can make an impact in 2021.

With CB, S, and DT covered now, The Vikings can use Their first choice to grab a falling LT, or falling DE, or move back into the early 20s and add a 2nd Round choice, and pick up high quality guard in the late First, 2nd, or with one of the two 3rd Rounders.  They will also get an edge rusher in one of those 4 picks, and probably take a speedy WR with the remaining pick.

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Isn't Troy Dye set to start at WLB?

I think Vigil is just the top backup LBer and Eric Wilson is too expensive.

Dye only started games last year due to injury. He’s earned nothing. 

4 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Actually, it is $1.75 M, and $0.5 M of that are bonuses that probably won't be met.  But, IF they ARE met,we'll be happy.  I can live with $1.25 M.  That not much above the veteran minimum.  I'd say that's almost free for a 4 year veteran in his prime with a lot of upside, who is healthy and a good athlete.  If he has only a so-so year and wants too much money, next season, The Vikings can let him walk.  The Cap limit will skyrocket next season because of the new TV national contract, and fans back in the stands.  There will be lots of free agents from which to choose, because so many took 1 year "prove-it" contracts this season, because of the cap crunch, and wanting to play in The NFL. 

Still not free.

• Like 1