2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It doesn't sound like he wants any of them this draft with his comments about how little the amount of players are even available in the draft.  He basically hinted that the 7th rd picks that'll be made this year wouldn't even be draftable in any other year.

Then let's hope he's dealing! because he should be.

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

It doesn't sound like he wants any of them this draft with his comments about how little the amount of players are even available in the draft.  He basically hinted that the 7th rd picks that'll be made this year wouldn't even be draftable in any other year.

Just find a team who wants them then for a 2022 6th.

We could take a Kicker with our 7th round pick too, although I prefer not too.

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Now it’s time to watch the Veteran free agents start to sign with some new teams. 
whose out there that you would like to see the Vikings go after?

There’s only one player out there that interests me. Larry Fitzgerald. If he’s not ready to call it quits. 

There were a couple of OL and DE that i thought would be good additions depending on how the draft went, but I think the team filled those spots very well. 

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Now it’s time to watch the Veteran free agents start to sign with some new teams. 

Starting Safety and WR3 stand out to me as the biggest needs at this stage. 

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Anyone actually have the number of money they even have?  I would be shocked if they sign any free agents, my guess is they are out of cash to do not sign anyone unless a dude only gets around $1 mil a year.  

DE Danielle Hunter / Patrick Jones II
DT Dalvin Tomlinson / Jaylen Twyman
DT Michael Pierce / Watts / Lynch
DE Wonnum / Weatherly / J. Robinson

OT Darrisaw / R. Hill
OG E. Cleveland / Cole
C Bradbury / Cole
OG W. Davis / Dozier
RT O'Neill / Udoh

Both groups look a hell of a lot better than they did last season.  That depth on the DL, I thought they did not need much for DEs but adding Jones and Robinson really takes it up a notch in terms of potential rushers.  Still have hope for Willekes but will be hard with this many good players, Hercules as well had hope for him as well but someone will need to be cut now.

The secondary is greatly improved as well with huge additions in Peterson, Mac Alexander and Xavier Woods.  Still a question at safety though long term potentially but hopefully Bynum can solve that.

CB Patrick Peterson / C. Bynum
CB Dantzler / K. Boyd
Slot CB Mac Alexnader / Gladney / M. Hughes
SS Harrison Smith / C. Bynum
FS Xavier Woods / Metellus

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Anyone actually have the number of money they even have?  I would be shocked if they sign any free agents, my guess is they are out of cash to do not sign anyone unless a dude only gets around $1 mil a year.  

The Vikings are currently $7.6M under the salary cap, with an additional $7.9M set to come off the books on June 1. 

The draft class will cost approximately $3.5M towards the cap. 

So, come June 1, the Vikings should be around $12M in cap space. 

• Like 1