2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I would to for Lawson or Floyd not Henderickson

Edit: Floyd now off the market...

Floyd had the best season of his career last year, still shocked the Rams could keep him though they are what -$37 mil in cap space.  How they pulled off signing Floyd I do not understand but good for them and good for Floyd.  Still need to bring in another OLB pass rusher because they lost Ebukam but do still have Hollins who is a versatile big linebacker and that dude form Oklahoma.  

Honestly I would not touch Henderickson for top dollar money.

Clowney is available and could be cheaper than he should be based on his bad injury history.  Kerrigan is around also, and Carlos Dunlap, Trent Murphy...  Hell Solomon Thomas I would not mind trying him as a DT in a 4/3.  Same with Derek Wolfe....or making a play on Tanoh Kpassagnon or Carl Lawson.  Doubt any of that happens but give me some of those guys over Trey Henderickson.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hi fellas! Care to shed some light on the newest Raider Yannick?

I assume they just got him to kick Ferrell in the butt and make him produce more.  Yannick can get after the passer and get some sacks but is not very good against the run.  Decent pass rusher but not sure he is worth that much money.  And does say kind of a lot the Vikings traded for him then got rid of him in the same season and the Ravens who just lost their best pass rusher in Judon did not sign him either after having him for just a bit.  So that says a lot as well but does fill a need and again gives Ferrell a possible kick in the butt.  

With the Chargers signing Linsely and Feiler I assume they are letting Feeney and Lamp both go.  I would be interested in either one of those guys because they are potential system fits.  Sure neither have been great and have had injury issues but there is potential with both I feel.

Bud Dupree is with the Titans, a huge signing and a massive loss for the Steelers.  PS the Patriots are making a killing signing Matt Judon, Nelson Agholor, Godchaux, Jonnu Smith, Henry Anderson, Jalen Mills, Carl Davis resigned Wise and got Trent Brown again on the OL then trading Cannon to move up in selection in three different rounds this year.  They are doing a great job, not a huge fan of the Cam Newton signing but they liked him as a leader so much why not bring him back and still possibly draft his replacement maybe if someone falls.  

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hi fellas! Care to shed some light on the newest Raider Yannick?

He's a wide 9 pass rusher who only wants to rush the passer. Not going to play the run, will freelance and leave lanes open in the defense.

I think he's a good fit for the Raiders because he do apply great pressure and causes turnovers which Raider do need. 

Edited by dc_vikingfan

3 hours ago, Boda said:

Huh? At first I thought you were just speaking about DT's but then I seen you specify DL. 

DE is one of the better positions they draft. Also keep in mind they've basically had 3 good DE's for over a decade with the 1 exception being last year however Hunter was injured & they did trade for Yannick. Griffen & Hunter have been mainstays with a good 3rd rotational end in Robison until 2018.  

2020 - Wonnum(4th)

2017 - Odenigbo(7th)

2015 - Hunter(3rd)

2010 - Griffen(4th)

2007 - Robison(4th)

With that said I would not hate adding another body in there but I do believe Wonnum is going to be a pretty good end in the league just not sure when he'll fully reach that potential so a stop gap could work in an older vet possibly bringing Griffen back or someone else.  Or there is always the draft though I personally don't want to take any of the DE's at 14 maybe if they can trade back a little bit I wouldn't mind it. 

As things stand right now well atleast 20 mins ago I think Parsons could be a realistic option with Barr restructuring his contract so he can hit FA next year

Huh? I said DL, not DE. I would assume that me mentioning not one but two DT's names would have made that point clear.

But just for fun, since we're talking about DE's. The Vikings haven't drafted a DE in the first round ( or any early rounds for that matter ) who has come in day one, and made an impact. The closest to that was Barr. We struggle at drafting line players early.