Aaron Jones Signs 4 year, $48M extension

CWood21

Well, well, well....guess all those GDT "Pay the man" comments (after he'd busted a long gainer or scored *another* TD) actually paid off. They paid him. 

Financial/contract details at 11 - but I like the talent return to the team. What was shaping up like an off season dominated by player loss - not so much anymore.

The guy was performing / producing at Kamara/Cook levels.  That matters.

Glad he's back.

Hope they structured it in such a way as both the team and player come out okay.

This is definitely a win for the offense   👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

Jones carries the G well.

Great guy, unique skillset at his position but that position is currently one of the easiest to find young, cheap production. Happy for the player, I question this being a wise move for the team and I hope he runs it all over the doubters, including me. Sounds like we have an out after 2 seasons if needed.

Welp, back to seeing what kind of room we can make with these contracts in this lean off season. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He left a lot of money on the table and the Packers get to keep a big play player at a low risk price. Win-Win. It's all about the guaranteed money and no doubt AJ could have got a lot more on the open market. Stop whining about the overall numbers, they mean nothing. This doesn't prevent the Packers from doing anything.

He might have been able to squeeze a bit more guarantees out of a team like Miami, but I don't think he was getting much more than $12M/year on the open makret.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Now extend Z, extend Tae and restructure 12. Then go sign a CB and mid-tier WR in this flooded market. Then hit the first 5 picks in  the draft with CB, IDL, WR(gadget type), and 2 OL. The end.

Might as well put the Rodgers' restructure to rest.  No real reason to restructure unless they're planning on buying heavy in FA.

Just now, Leader said:

Let me officially say goodbye to Jamaal.

Would have liked to have you back....really dont see it happening now.

Thanks for the efforts and best of luck going forward.

Agreed.  He's gone.  The epitome of a solid #2 RB.

• Like 5

I’m not a huge fan of paying a RB a lot of money but I’d be lying if I wasn’t excited to watch a Jones/ Dillion  backfield with MLF next season. That is going to be a blast. And Jones seems to be as good of a person as a player. 

Im sure Gutey will have a way out of it before the contract expires too. 

Will miss Williams a lot. Hopefully he gets paid.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

Might as well put the Rodgers' restructure to rest.  No real reason to restructure unless they're planning on buying heavy in FA.

Was thinking the same thing. On that list of reworked contracts......I think AR might be at the back of the line now even though they could probably snare the lions share of "current" money. Dont know. The guy just won MVP for God's sake.....but....we'll see. We'll see where the organization sees the end of his contract. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think they're saving it for FA. Gute isn't done. Resigning Jones isnt a "build for the future" move. It's an all-in move. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He might have been able to squeeze a bit more guarantees out of a team like Miami, but I don't think he was getting much more than $12M/year on the open makret.

Might? You must have been sleeping through every year of free agency ever. There's always silly money out there and in spite of the cap drop, there are still plenty of teams with more cap space than they know what to do with. Beyond that, there are the teams restructuring deals to open space now from anticipated future cap space. The top players get paid, it's the middle guys that get squeezed. Jones was by far the top RB on the market. Well he almost was.