Bills retain Jon Feliciano 3 years 14.4m, 5 guaranteed

soflbillsfan

Beane did it again and retained feliciano on a 3 year 17 mil deal. Will keep the oline as is from 2020 to 2021.

EDIT:

3 years 14.4 mil with only 5 guaranteed in which is given in 2021, so they could move on from him after this year with little to no dead cap. Waiting to see the full breakdown of what his cap hit would be for 2021.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 2

This is an interesting move just simply because Beane made it clear that they want to get the run game going. If he believes they can get the run game going with these re-signings he doesnt see the oline as the issue. It will be interesting what pick 30 does for the bills as Etienne/Harris could be the option if dline isnt worth taking.

• Like 1

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

This is an interesting move just simply because Beane made it clear that they want to get the run game going. If he believes they can get the run game going with these re-signings he doesnt see the oline as the issue. It will be interesting what pick 30 does for the bills as Etienne/Harris could be the option if dline isnt worth taking.

Yeah was just telling a buddy this exact thing.

How did Beane do this? Also a slight pat on my back b/c my mock draft had Feliciano at 3yr 17mil.

I still hope we look at a IOL early in the draft. A guy who could replace Morse or Feliciano in a pinch is key. I wonder if Beane believes Ford back at LG will also be enough to help the run game. And a better blocking TE

Jon is clearly a leader and someone who Josh has a bond with, evident by how he reacted in the Chiefs dust up in the AFCCG. I love his personality and he's been a key member of the oline. When he returned from injury we seemed noticeably better.

Happy to have him back. Beane is the best. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

IOL feels like it’s still in play at 30

Definitely an option as Beane puts himself in a situation at which the player is on his board and not necessarily a specific position so if the best player at 30 on their list is an OL I could see it done. I do like this contract a lot as it is a spot in which he can step in if morse falls down. I still have concerns at LG and hope Ford is the guy there as he has yet to find his niche on that line. He seemed like he was getting the hang of it until injury happened.