NCAA Tournament West Region

beekay414

10 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

So weird you said that, I was thinking the same thing earlier. He's just polished. 

He never gets sped up and his ability to change pace on a dime is very Deron Williams like. He's going to be very good in the NBA. I think he'd fit really well in OKC, Chicago, or Golden State. 

42 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I’d be surprised if SC gives them a game. 

I think USC has a legitimate chance to beat them. I said it before the tournament started, people are sleeping on USC. Through their first 3 tournament games they've held their opponents to 58.3 ppg and 26% from beyond the arc, while winning all 3 games by double digits with a 21 point average margin of victory. 

After the first 3 games of the tournament they've moved up to #4 in defensive efficiency on KenPom. They have a balanced scoring attack led by Mobley who is the best big man in the country and they're a big, long, athletic team. 4 of their starters are 6'8" or taller. They just gave Kansas the worst loss in the history of their program and completely shut down Oregon when they started to use the 2-3 zone. 

Gonzaga has been very good this season but their two best wins are Kansas and Iowa. They beat Kansas 102-90 early in the season and USC just beat Kansas by 34 in the tournament. They beat Iowa early in the season 99-88 and Oregon just beat Iowa by 15 and then got beat down by USC tonight. 

Suggs hasn't played that well in the tournament and Gonzaga has been carried by Timme and Kispert. USC has the pieces to slow those guys down with Evan and Isaiah Mobley and I don't think Gonzaga has anyone that can slow down Mobley.  

Gonzaga definitely is very good but they haven't beaten a top 10 team according to KenPom since they beat Iowa in December and then coasted through WCC play.