49ers extend FB Kyle Juszczyk (5 years, $27M)

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

They better be very very confident they have Williams and Verrett just about inked up before spending so much on a limited budget on priority #4 or 5. Gotta think the guarantees are minimal aside the bonus after year 2.

Said 10 mil guaranteed. Hopefully that money is all at the front end of the contract so we can get out of it the last couple of years. Not necessarily this year, but over the next two-three years.

14 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Said 10 mil guaranteed. Hopefully that money is all at the front end of the contract so we can get out of it the last couple of years. Not necessarily this year, but over the next two-three years.

I'd guess it's almost entirely signing bonus. Spread over 5 years, it's 2 per. I'd guess his base is vet minimum this year, maybe next. If that's the case, probably like 2 years 12 million. Maybe only 8 in signing bonus and two years at vet minimum fully locked in. That's 2 years, about 10

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If it wasn't clear, Rapoport is definitely the national reporter that is the most plugged in with the organization. 

Not disputing this in any way, but why do you say that? John Lynch basically came out and told us this was coming.

Just now, GW21 said:

Not disputing this in any way, but why do you say that? John Lynch basically came out and told us this was coming.

Look at his reports and how they are reported. He reports directly from the organization perspective. When it comes out that the team reached out for an available QB, it is Rapoport who will quickly shoot it down saying it never happened or it wasn't anything serious. 

And Lynch saying it was coming doesn't mean much since Rapoport still broke the signing before anyone and the details of the signing.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not a move I would have made. Ultimately, likely to be harmless.... Maybe. That first year cap hit is a weird choice. 

The same I would not have made the move running backs / full backs are so replaceable thru the draft at such a cheap rate compared resigning them. Made no sense to me to spend our limit cap like this. Drives me nuts we didn’t try to save some money on this. 

• Like 2