NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

1 minute ago, lovetitans said:

I really think The blocking can be improved with coathing. Look a Jonnu. His biggest weakness coming into the NFL was blocking and now he has an argument for being top 5 in the league in that category. Now I'm not saying Firkser will ever be that but he can certainly improve enough to be trusted.  

We’ve had Firkser for 3 years. If he hasn’t improved as a blocker yet, I don’t think he’ll ever be good or even serviceable as one. Firkser came out of Harvard as an oversized WR and played WR college. Jonnu actually had experience as a TE. I love Firkser but let’s not try to make him into something he isn’t.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

We’ve had Firkser for 3 years. If he hasn’t improved as a blocker yet, I don’t think he’ll ever be good or even serviceable as one. Firkser came out of Harvard as an oversized WR and played WR college. Jonnu actually had experience as a TE. I love Firkser but let’s not try to make him into something he isn’t.

They didn't really need to him to be that much of a blocker, because he was virtually a change-of-pace solid pass catcher, in limited reps.

Jonnu's first couple of years in the league, he wasn't that solid of a blocker either.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Not saying much just observations but Jonnu was not monster blocker for years. Blocking was a big weakness of his. 

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

They didn't really need to him to be that much of a blocker, because he was virtually a change-of-pace solid pass catcher, in limited reps.

Jonnu's first couple of years in the league, he wasn't that solid of a blocker either.

Jonnu improved every year though and turned into a beast. There’s a reason why we used Pruitt and Swaim a lot for the blocking. If Firkser was capable, those two wouldn’t of played as much.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

If thats how you feel great. But I'm way more comfortable spending 3m on Firkser and another 2m on a decent blocking TE than I am paying Jonnu 12.5M to be a blocker like we used him most of the time. It doesn't make sense for our offense to spend that on a blocker. Let Firkser do his thing and replace Jonnu's blocking and we're not going to see that much of a drop in production in my opinion. especially if Lewan comes back and doesn't require help like that side needed all last year. 

1 minute ago, lovetitans said:

If thats how you feel great. But I'm way more comfortable spending 3m on Firkser and another 2m on a decent blocking TE than I am paying Jonnu 12.5M to be a blocker like we used him most of the time. It doesn't make sense for our offense to spend that on a blocker. Let Firkser do his thing and replace Jonnu's blocking and we're not going to see that much of a drop in production in my opinion. especially if Lewan comes back and doesn't require help like that side needed all last year. 

When did I say pay Jonnu 12.5 million? I didn’t...  My issue is with people saying Firkser can come in a pickup where Jonnu left off. Firkser is definitely a more consistent receiver especially in the short game but he definitely doesn’t have the blocking ability we need for this offense and he doesn’t have the game breaking ability that Jonnu does. TE will definitely be a need this offseason.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

When did I say pay Jonnu 12.5 million? I didn’t...  My issue is with people saying Firkser can come in a pickup where Jonnu left off. Firkser is definitely a more consistent receiver especially in the short game but he definitely doesn’t have the blocking ability we need for this offense and he doesn’t have the game breaking ability that Jonnu does. TE will definitely be a need this offseason.

I didn't say you said that lol. I said and i quote "I'M" meaning me, Lovetitans, is more comfortable. doing it. 

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

My stance is. How big a role will the TE actually play. 

Even when we had a full healthy squad, we targeted Jonnu what 4 times maybe?  Should have been more with his skill set. But we were a good offense without using the TE much outside of blocking and medium range routes. 

If we were the Ravens then yeah TE is almost more important than WR. 

Just like a team like the Chiefs don't need a Derrick Henry to be good. Maybe we don't need a true TE1 to be good. 

Can manage with a Firkser, Pruitt and draft pick.

Just another look at it. 

Be nice to have top talent at every spot but some spots don't require it to have a very potent good offense. 

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Jonnu improved every year though and turned into a beast. There’s a reason why we used Pruitt and Swaim a lot for the blocking. If Firkser was capable, those two wouldn’t of played as much.

He has been a situational player so far. Like Swaim and Pruitt. Because they played a limited amount of minutes, there was no point in forcing either to be what they're not. Firkser is a good pass-catcher, that's what they played him as. I'm not saying he is necessarily ready to be a full-time starter, but maybe they do believe in his ability to continue to develop, or maybe they believe pairing him up with a more blocking TE could work too. Either way, there are multiple versions in which things can work out just fine, and won't cost us 12.5M per year.