NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not trying to be a jerk but really want to know your plan or view for the off-season.  What did/do you want to happen?

Probably extend Butler, include void years to lower 2021 cap hit. Restructure Lewan and Saffold at a minimum, probably RT as well since I’m sold on him as a franchise QB. Tag Jonnu. Either resign CD or spend on a WR. Major signing at edge, another veteran, depth signing at edge. I’m probably fine rolling with Long, though I’d be open to adding an ILB since I have no positive feelings for Evans. Leaves us fairly free for the first round, though DL would be the preference.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Probably extend Butler, include void years to lower 2021 cap hit. Restructure Lewan and Saffold at a minimum, probably RT as well since I’m sold on him as a franchise QB. Tag Jonnu. Either resign CD or spend on a WR. Major signing at edge, another veteran, depth signing at edge. I’m probably fine rolling with Long, though I’d be open to adding an ILB since I have no positive feelings for Evans. Leaves us fairly free for the first round, though DL would be the preference.

Gotcha

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gotcha

I will note, the tag Jonnu is based around the idea that the offense stays the same despite Arthur leaving. Would also be completely open to the idea of opening the offense up and being able to let Jonnu walk and spend less for a capable slot receiver.

I just don’t think we have a huge window and building for the future kills me with a veteran QB and a RB approaching his late 20s. Sure, the comp picks and cap room in 2022/2023 will be great, but I have no idea what the roster construction will look like at that point and failing to capitalize on great QB play when you have it is such a waste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I will note, the tag Jonnu is based around the idea that the offense stays the same despite Arthur leaving. Would also be completely open to the idea of opening the offense up and being able to let Jonnu walk and spend less for a capable slot receiver.

I just don’t think we have a huge window and building for the future kills me with a veteran QB and a RB approaching his late 20s. Sure, the comp picks and cap room in 2022/2023 will be great, but I have no idea what the roster construction will look like at that point and failing to capitalize on great QB play when you have it is such a waste.

I would have extended Butler.
Tried to sign Corey Davis with some of the savings.
Let Jonnu Walk or tag and trade,
Put priority on signing a pass rusher.

Find some more savings by redoing Ben Jones.
Sign mid-level to journeyman TE.
Same with a big NT guy to replace DaQuan.

Draft a LB for Jayon
Draft a WR with speed to replace Humph.
Draft another edge

2 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Depends where you read haha. I've seen some say a 2nd, others a 1st and 3rd

Just now, titans0021 said:

I can’t imagine it would take any less than a first.

I’d pretty easily give up a 1st

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Carl Lawson is my #1 target. I really, really want him in Nashville.

I think he'll end up being "the guy" for us. Just think he's the real deal and will find a long term home here.

Hopefully we can close the deal. 
Maybe Bengals know they are out on Lawson: