NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

1 hour ago, ChefTitan said:

I know we just signed Bud, but what do you think of trading for Danielle Hunter and restructuring his and a few others contracts.  We would completely transform our D line. - Draft wr, te, cb , ilb, ol in the draft? 

Nah.  This draft is deep at DL, Edge, and ILB.  And trying to completely rebuild the D in free agency probably doesn't work.  That kind of aggressive free agency almost always doesn't pan out.  I mean, every offseason, some middling team "wins" free agency and posts a worse record than the season prior.

I think the remaining signings should be roster fill out guys.  Depth players in spots where we're thin, then we can focus on the draft.  Teams that win consistently usually build through the draft, not free agent signings and trades.

9 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Pat P is interesting. I think he could certainly play that hybrid safety/Nickleback role that Charles Woodson won a DPOY and Super Bowl playing. I would love to see that in Nashville, but I doubt it.

He could play that role...but could Bowen scheme up that role in a good way...? 😕

Probably won’t do much until that 2nd and 3rd wave. Still expect a WR and CB signing at some point. Really would love to grab another pass-rusher. Load up on the position for once. Landry, Dupree, Kerrigan/Bowser, and a 3rd round pick or so sounds amazing to me. I know Autry can play edge on early downs but we need everything on more to improve this pass-rush.