NFL Free Agency 2021

Like, if the reason we’re supposed to be happy with Jon Robinson is because of his drafting (it’s sure as hell not his moves in FA), wouldn’t it then make sense to expect us to retain the home grown talent?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Like, if the reason we’re supposed to be happy with Jon Robinson is because of his drafting (it’s sure as hell not his moves in FA), wouldn’t it then make sense to expect us to retain the home grown talent?

Yeah for sure. After last draft already out of our first round pick, losing actual drafted talent makes me very worried. The fact a top contract on our team openly states he's down to restructure to help the team and nothing to improve camp out of getting rid of our best defense player last year hurts. Obviously we have to wait and see what happens but not a great start and kind of worrisome. 

Obviously a lot can happen in FA and the draft, but this was a frustrating 11-5 team last year and, on paper right now...sheesh

Butler/Vaccaro/Jayon were expected departures. Davis/Smith were a coin flip for me in terms of stay/go

Add in a new OC. Bowen still being employed. Clowney/Daquan both likely gone. Evans being a major question mark.

this team is looking pretty mediocre right now. I do think it's more than fair to question Robinson, as we definitely are struggling at building through the draft. FA has had a mix of hits (Saffold, Butler, Vaccaro) and whiffs (Beasley, Clowney, Hump). Without the Tannehill trade...this is very possibly a losing team the last 2 years

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If it's the drafting that he's best at, and it is, then you have to also keep some faith that he will be able to find suitable replacements playing on rookie deals. 

I might be the only one, but I don't think either one of Jonnu, Corey and Brown, not even all combined, are that big of a loss as people think.

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

I think we're all about to be very disappointed about this offseason : (

Yes everyone's expectation is that we are going to sign so many guys. 

It's really no different from any off-season. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes everyone's expectation is that we are going to sign so many guys. 

It's really no different from any off-season. 

it's different in the sense that their entire rationale for keeping our scrub DC is that they wanted to completely overturn the defensive personnel. gotta make moves in order to do that.

this is the forum I remember lol. Team sucks and will never be good. Robinson sucks and should be fired, Vrable is the worst coach in team history. 2-14 season and worst team in the NFL predictions.  

Our defense sucked and needed changed but ya'll are mad because we're changing it? We haven't signed a single player yet and ya'll already writing this team off as a failure. Be realistic, there is no way we can keep every player who has one decent year. The defense needed overhauled and we needed speed at skill positions and our defensive backfield. have faith guys. its not even the start of day one yet. 

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's different in the sense that their entire rationale for keeping our scrub DC is that they wanted to completely overturn the defensive personnel. gotta make moves in order to do that.

Pretty much this. Without significant moves, we’re going to enter 2021 with a defense that is even less talented than last year. The bar for adding talent is Butler, Jayon, Clowney and Daquon. If the cumulative additions aren’t better than those four players, there’s no argument that we aren’t giving Bowen even less to work with than he had when he led one of the worst defenses in football.