NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

Just now, -Hope- said:

who is even on the roster behind brown at this point? westbrook-ikhine? there's no excuse not to sign one of these current FA receivers, even if it's more of a depth guy.

The WR wasn't full of all-stars last year either.

AJ, Corey...and then nothing but Cam Batson Cody Hollister, Westbrook Ikhine...

Get a skilled WR in the draft and you pretty much back to where you were. All the draft people say this draft is just as good as last year. (Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Jerry Judy, Darnell Moody, Brandon Aiyuk, Gabriel Davis, Laviska Shenault Jr.   All with at least 600 yards WR going as deep as the 5th round).

Replacing our starting TE and WR2 and WR3 with nothing but rookies when we still need to address our league worst defense early in the draft isn't how I would've played things at all, but I'm trying my best not to panic lol. 

Just bring me Josh Reynolds at the very least.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, there’s nothing. It’s not even just a matter of needing a starter, we don’t even have bodies.

minus Corey Davis and Humphries, it's almost the same group.
Cam Batson, Westbrook-Ikine, Cody Hollister.....add Charles Rodgers(formerly of Colts) and Marcus Johnson (formerly w/Colts). 
We have bodies.  The same unattractive bodies that were here last year when we had a top offense.

Add one or two draft picks and another vet FA and it will virtually be the same as last year minus the former #5 overall pick. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Cam Batson, Westbrook-Ikine, Cody Hollister.....add Charles Rodgers(formerly of Colts) and Marcus Johnson (formerly w/Colts). 
We have bodies.  The same unattractive bodies that were here last year when we had a top offense.

Add one or two draft picks and another vet FA and it will virtually be the same as last year minus the former #5 overall pick. 

Minus Davis, Humphries and Raymond is essentially minus all players with legitimate NFL experience outside of AJ lol. When I say bodies, I mean actual NFL talent. Which at this point is AJ and, maybe if I’m really pushing it, Batson.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Minus Davis, Humphries and Raymond is essentially minus all players with legitimate NFL experience outside of AJ lol. When I say bodies, I mean actual NFL talent. Which at this point is AJ and, maybe if I’m really pushing it, Batson.

Alright. 
I by no means am saying we are ready to start the season or outright better, but I just don't feel like the gloom matches the current situation.

Humph and Raymond didn't offer much last year. Firsker showed how much Humph could be missed.
Raymond's contribution was cancelled out with a combo of Batson as a 4th WR, Evans on kick returns and AJ Brown later in the season as a deep threat. 

I know you aren't saying it, but if we feel like Raymond can't be replaced then.....yeah that's not accurate. 

15 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Replacing our starting TE and WR2 and WR3 with nothing but rookies when we still need to address our league worst defense early in the draft isn't how I would've played things at all, but I'm trying my best not to panic lol. 

Just bring me Josh Reynolds at the very least.

But we have addressed our bad defense....

Got an edge rusher. Got an interior player that can rush the passer.  Brought back our ILB. 
Switched out one vet CB for another. 
Lost a CB in Adoree, but can be addressed still in FA or Draft. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Also, acting as though having the same WR depth as last year isn’t a problem is strange to me when our season ended on an interception caused primarily by our lack of receiver depth.

Didn't say it wasn't a problem but at the least it is going to be what it was last year when we had a top 5 offense.
But also think of the reason the 4th WR was in the game. 
Because our #2 that is worried about replacing couldn't play. 

I understand change and uncertainty isn't a good feeling but change can be good. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Didn't say it wasn't a problem but at the least it is going to be what it was last year when we had a top 5 offense.
But also think of the reason the 4th WR was in the game. 
Because our #2 that is worried about replacing couldn't play. 

I understand change and uncertainty isn't a good feeling but change can be good. 

How in the world is it going to be at least the same last year? It could definitively be worse. Say what you want about Corey, there’s nothing that should make you certain that his quality of play (which was damn good) is guaranteed to be replaced by some low-tier FA or rookie. 

Maybe it’s guaranteed to be what it was at the end of last year, when it was costing us games against the Ravens and Packers.

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

lmao. yeah, minus the good players with actual experience, as effective starters, it's almost the same group!

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

How in the world is it going to be at least the same last year? It could definitively be worse. Say what you want about Corey, there’s nothing that should make you certain that his quality of play (which was damn good) is guaranteed to be replaced by some low-tier FA or rookie. 

Maybe it’s guaranteed to be what it was at the end of last year, when it was costing us games against the Ravens and Packers.

And what makes you feel like we are just doomed to the cellar because we won't have Corey. 
Most of us thought AJ Brown was simply a slot WR. 

It just amuses me when the moves aren't the moves people want it's all wrong.  And all moves haven't been made. 

As you say there isn't anything that should make me feel we can replace Corey and still be good is more certain, than thinking we can.

Why? Because you don't like it?  JuJu or Will Fuller was going to be this automatic solution, no drop off. No problems no issue? 
I'm not even sure what the argument is anymore?   

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And what makes you feel like we are just doomed to the cellar because we won't have Corey. 

It just amuses me when the moves aren't the moves people want it's all wrong.  And all moves haven't been made. 

As you say there isn't anything that should make me feel we can replace Corey and still be good is more certain, than thinking we can.

Why? Because you don't like it?  JuJu or Will Fuller was going to be this automatic solution, no drop off. No problems no issue? 

dude, 90% of this post is strawman nonsense that nobody has even said. you're boxing against shadows. it's not even worth it.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao. yeah, minus the good players with actual experience, as effective starters, it's almost the same group!

Corey Davis.  Adam Humphries.  
The guys we are replacing. 

Last two years of NFL action. 
Chester Rodgers- 69- 664 4 TDs
Adam Humprhies  60- 602 2 TDs

Experience and production matching what Humph had and he might be our 4th/5th WR going into next year. 

Corey Davis last year:
65 984 5 TDs

Last years WR drafted at #22
88 1400 7 TDS

WR drafted in 2nd #49
62 873 9 TDs

WR drafted in 2nd round  #33
67 908 a 6 TDs

I'll say it again, people feel like this WR class is just as good. Hence the reason the WR FA market was slow. 

Robinson has proven to be able to draft good WRs.  
I know people don't have trust and fair enough.

But it isn't gloom and doom. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The argument is that we lost our No. 2-4 receivers heading into a strong FA WR class and have watched the starting caliber receivers come off the board one by one without doing anything. And that’s not a good thing. 

Why is expressing concern about that a bad or unreasonable thing? Should I have confidence in our long and storied history of drafting and developing receivers in the last two decades? 

I hope nothing more that there’s a plan in place. I’m fully open to that. But I’m not going to pretend that the plan is obviously there when discussing the current state of the roster. We’re talking about guys like David Moore and it reminds me of when we tried convincing ourselves that the Brandon Jones and Lavelle Hawkins of the world could be valuable pieces. My argument is that I don’t want rookies and giant question marks filling up the entire depth chart behind AJ. I’m kind of surprised that’s controversial.