NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The bar for adding talent is Butler, Jayon, Clowney and Daquon. 

That's the bar tho?

Butler was the best of this list and by NFL starting standards he was an average/slightly above average corner. 
Long played up to standards when he was in, this year and last. 
Many felt Daquan was limited and some even HATED when we signed him to a contract with "only" 4 sacks or whatever that number was.
Clowney....sorry but a average NFL FA with a good motor can give us what he gave us last season. Maybe he will be different with an off-season and healthy but that combo isn't likely with him coming off surgery.

Be mad at the coaches but I guess I'm alone in thinking these players aren't irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

That's the bar tho?

Butler was the best of this list and by NFL starting standards he was an average/slightly above average corner. 
Many felt Daquan was limited and some even HATED when we signed him to a contract with "only" 4 sacks or whatever that number was.
Clowney....sorry but a average NFL FA with a good motor can give us what he gave us last season. Maybe he will be different with an off-season and healthy but that combo isn't likely with him coming off surgery.

Be mad at the coaches but I guess I'm alone in thinking these players aren't irreplaceable. 

that's not what's being said at all. nobody thinks these players are irreplaceable. the issue is that we actually have to replace them, though.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That's the bar tho?

They aren’t irreplaceable, but they have to be replaced. That’s kind of the point. There’s four average to above average starters there, that’s a lot of replacing to do. Especially when there are other holes to fill and the goal obviously is to make the defense better, not just the same as last year’s disaster.

That's the bar tho?

Im with you King

You hate to lose good players

Im not trashing them out the door, I would love any of the guys we let go back with the exception of a few of them

But which guy are we losing that was a big factor in this teams success last year?

The guys we are losing can be replaced

The core guys of this team are still here

Not a single FA that has signed so far has switched teams

Still plenty of time

Just now, -Hope- said:

that's not what's being said at all. nobody thinks these players are irreplaceable. the issue is that we actually have to replace them, though.

And what makes that different than any off-season tho?

We have to replace players ever season.  
Replace Conklin.
Replace Tajae....etc....

Replace Conklin.
Replace Tajae....etc....

Your second example is a fourth receiver while we are talking about replacing seven starters lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

They aren’t irreplaceable, but they have to be replaced. That’s kind of the point. There’s four average to above average starters there, that’s a lot of replacing to do. Especially when there are other holes to fill and the goal obviously is to make the defense better, not just the same as last year’s disaster.

Ok.....well FA has been open for 30 mins. lol

If we roll with Chris Jackson....Derrick Roberson....Matt Dickerson and Will Compton as starters for those guys we can riot.

But.....until then can we see what plan unfolds..lol

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

They aren’t irreplaceable, but they have to be replaced. That’s kind of the point. There’s four average to above average starters there, that’s a lot of replacing to do.

There's the rest of the FA and the Draft still to come. So what is the point of complaining now when there is still a lot more yet to happen before we could get a better picture of where we actually stand?

• Like 1

I will be interested to see what CD and Jonnu get paid. I have a feeling it will end up being more then we could afford, given our circumstances. Loved them both and would have loved to bring Jonnu back, but I am just not heart broken about them leaving. I feel the coaches and organization  looked at them both as pieces that were benefiting greatly off the great players around them. And that is why neither got paid. Someone will probably overpay them. I think we can find guys at those positions for cheaper that can eat off the attention Henry and Brown get.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Replace Conklin.
Replace Tajae....etc....

the fact that we're also letting key offensive talent walk makes it that much harder. and frankly, we're trying to upgrade more than we're trying to replace, because again, that was the explicit rationale for keeping bowen.

we've already created multiple holes that didn't exist at the start of FA. we'll see how the offseason goes of course, but it's going to take a pretty large effort to come out the other side an improved team, and i don't see much of an indication that we're going to do anything of the sort.

Just now, Andrei01 said:

There's the rest of the FA and the Draft still to come. So what is the point of complaining now when there is still a lot more yet to happen before we could get a better picture of where we actually stand?

Literally been 30 mins and people are ready to burn it all down and have the #1 pick planned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That's the bar tho?

I agree with you. No one we've "let go" so far is anything more than an above average starter. Jonnu might be the only player that was more than above average and to be honest, we don't use our TE's like he needs to be used and we can get a much cheaper option to do what we want them to do. Daquan is a good player but should be in a rotation.