NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

We all wanted Corey and Jonnu back but knew it was highly likely that they werent.  Now that they aren't coming back the world is crumbling in the view of some. If that doesn't apply to you then the post wasn't for you. 

then respond to specific arguments or you're just making up people to take shots at, lol.

1 minute ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

No one said even close to that. How about we restructure a contract or 2 (Saffold literally tweeted he was down for that) to create more cap space. We have 7 starters leaving, every other team has created ways to get more than enough cap room to make this down year promising. Our plan cut some bad contracts (which is fine) let Corey who wanted to be here walk, Jonnu as well with no answer to either on the roster.  All TEs are free agents, as is all WRs not named AJ. It's worrisome having 7 starter holes to fill PLUS depth with no cap space. Why is it not ok to be concerned?

How do you know Corey wanted to be here?  How do we know wen didn't offer Corey a nice chunk of change?  
Until we see the contract then what do we know?

That's my point. 

You can restructure all day and night but if THE PLAYER wants something more then what are you supposed to do? Franchise him?

Corey might want to try to be the #1 guy. He might want to be in a more passing offense. He might want to try to get every single dollar he can and not take a more team friendly deal to stay. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

then respond to specific arguments or you're just making up people to take shots at, lol.

How am I making up people? I just explained the reason for the post? lol
I'm not taking shots at anyone. I'm taking a shot a the thinking that we are being negligent by not getting deals done with our guys who obviously want a nice contract.  
Can't pay everyone and still try to address other areas. 

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m all for letting things play out. But at the moment I don’t know how you can be comfortable in the position we’re currently in. You can think Davis, Smith, Brown or whoever can be easily replaced by vets or draft picks but those guys were valuable pieces to our team. We’re losing key players that’s creating holes on a roster that already has holes that need filling.

It was already the case but there’s truly no room for error when it comes to our signings and draft picks. We have to get impact signings and day one starting draft picks. Any missteps, and we’re right back being that 7-9/9-7 team.

Im comfortable because no one moved yet so i cant freak out

We played without Jayon Brown for 2 consecutive seasons now in critical games

Humphries has been injured 2 consecutive seasons down the stretch

Davis put up bagels in back to back games against playoff teams in week 16 and Wild Card weekend

The problem is some of us realize not everything is doom and gloom

Most of you revert to we are going to be 6-10 7-9 when the other half of us also think theres a chance new guys a brought in and we are right back to being 11-5 and taking another crack at it next January

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t know how you can watch how other teams have manipulated the cap this offseason and be satisfied that our only method was to release three starters (and yes, two of the starters were always going to be cut and I’m fine with it).

right, this is the thing. we were never going to keep all of corey, jonnu, brown, and butler. that's fine. but this is a team that has a lot of holes to plug even if we HAD kept all of them! being so passive about creating massive new holes in our roster...idk.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Good for Jonnu.

Over paid in my opinion. This makes him the 3rd highest payed by yearly average and I believe that's the most fully guaranteed money for a TE in the NFL right now. Happy for him but there is no way he's worth that kind of money in my opinion.