NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Im comfortable because no one moved yet so i cant freak out

We played without Jayon Brown for 2 consecutive seasons now in critical games

Humphries has been injured 2 consecutive seasons down the stretch

Davis put up bagels in back to back games against playoff teams in week 16 and Wild Card weekend

The problem is some of us realize not everything is doom and gloom

Most of you revert to we are going to be 6-10 7-9 when the other half of us also think theres a chance new guys a brought in and we are right back to being 11-5 and taking another crack at it next January

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m going to try not to overreact to anything.

It’s just all of a sudden we have a lot of needs(WR2&3, TEs, DL, Edge Rushers, ILB, CB, OL?) that need filling.

Just now, lovetitans said:

Over paid in my opinion. This makes him the 3rd highest payed by yearly average and I believe that's the most fully guaranteed money for a TE in the NFL right now. Happy for him but there is no way he's worth that kind of money in my opinion.  

$12.5 per year was what I thought we'd give for a WR at the most. 
He is a great guy. 
I think that contract is about what he could be if he reaches his top level or if he played in a passing offense. His talent level deserves that much. 

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I see why we let Jonnu walk.. I wouldn’t have paid thst 

Which is why I was saying it has to be a thing where both sides want to make it work. Can't do some real creative cap deal if a guy can get paid like that right now. 
Not blaming anyone but that just the facts of the situation unfortunately. 

That hopefully is an 3rd round comp pick next year for us? lol

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

$12.5 per year was what I thought we'd give for a WR at the most. 
He is a great guy. 
I think that contract is about what he could be if he reaches his top level or if he played in a passing offense. His talent level deserves that much. 

I have no argument there. I think he can reach that level too but it wasn't going to be here. He just wasn't going to be played in a way to get him to that level here. I believe we can get the production we want out of a TE for less than half that cost. A decent blocker who can get open on 3rd down doesn't need to cost us 12M+ per year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I have no argument there. I think he can reach that level too but it wasn't going to be here. He just wasn't going to be played in a way to get him to that level here. I believe we can get the production we want out of a TE for less than half that cost. A decent blocker who can get open on 3rd down doesn't need to cost us 12M+ per year. 

I optimistically think that if we play offense in a way that I project a mid level TE can be very productive for us.  Be able to block decently and be able to catch, then we can be fine.

We just won't have a dynamic guy like Jonnu. Jonnu added another level, but a level below him can still be a very quality thing for us. 

• Like 1