the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

Davis is decent but he's no Golladay. If the Jets are gong to blow their cap space why not sign Golladay?

It just seems a waste of money spending your funds on a lesser player.

Edited by Chili

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll go ahead right now and call Davis the biggest bust of this FA class

I’ll expand on that and say he is a bust overall. He was the 5th overall pick of the draft in 2017.  He’s never had a 1,000 yard season, never had more than 5 TDs and never had more than 65 receptions.  That’s very undwhelming for a 5th overall pick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Another WR off the board. Jax is going for the all track team. Signed Samuel, Dorsett and Agnew today. Already have Shenault.

I'm pretty sure I'm happier to have Jones at 4/48 with less than half the guaranteed cash.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chili said:

I think we can do alot better with our WRs. All I have to do is think of Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson to remind myself of the standard to aspire to. By using them as the standard, our WR group has a long way to go. Lazard is solid but I'm yet to be convinced with MVS and EQ. I won't be too upset if Gute and LaFleur decides to churn the WR group over especially since many of them have expiring contracts soon.

Agree with the general sentiment. Outside of Adams, I think offensive scheme accounts for a fair amount of this groups production.

Lazard's a hard worker and does a fair amount of grunt work not normally associated with WRs. He's never going to be confused as a burner though and while he'll make some nice snags - he can be inconsistent and sometimes fight with the ball.

Even as inconsistent as he can be at times, I think MVS has proven himself well enough to be off the bubble going forward. Till we find a suitable replacement, he deserves field time. What that means for a second contract - I've no clue.

EQ flatlined last year. The promise of his rookie season wasnt built upon. Not sure exactly why that occurred -perhaps it was his first season in the new system and MM's schemes suited his talents better. Dont know but I remain hopeful he can recapture what he put on the field as a rookie. The time is now for him.