the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Why? They couldn't rush the passer worth a damn last year. Hunter wants a trade and they blow 11m on a run plug. 

Didn’t they pay a bunch last offseason for another run plug in Michael Pierce? 

12 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

I’ll expand on that and say he is a bust overall. He was the 5th overall pick of the draft in 2017.  He’s never had a 1,000 yard season, never had more than 5 TDs and never had more than 65 receptions.  That’s very undwhelming for a 5th overall pick. 

I’ve been burned by Corey Davis a lot in fantasy football . 

He’s a guy I really wouldn’t mind gambling on. A change of scenery could do him good. I look at Tenn and I think it could be situational . I liked what NY did yesterday 

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Why? They couldn't rush the passer worth a damn last year. Hunter wants a trade and they blow 11m on a run plug. 

Meant more that he's a good player and I don't like any team in the North getting better. Plus, highly doubt Hunter is going anywhere, the Vikings aren't that dumb. 

Overall, it was a good first day of FA for the Packers (minus not adding anyone ourselves) because it was entirely AFC teams making all the moves. Every top pass rusher went AFC minus Barrett staying with Tampa. 

Albert Breer -    Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette is weighing an offer to remain in Tampa (Brady is recruiting him back), but the Seahawks have made a strong bid to poach him. Stylistically, Seattle would be an interesting fit.

The Patriots are also lurking as another option for Leonard Fournette. Which is interesting ... given who they’d be taking him from.

19 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Looks like the Lions just cut Danny Shelton. I like him as a run plug but can he play next to KC?

I'd love this move but knowing Gute this will be the year he drafts 3 to 4 DL in the late rounds. That's been his trend lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Looks like the Lions just cut Danny Shelton. I like him as a run plug but can he play next to KC?

When they were talking of cutting him, I went to the Lion’s boards to check there was a lot of good riddance talk.  Apparently he has not been playing with a whole lot of passion but slogging it out in Det could do that to you. I don’t think he is the player many hoped he’d be so you better know what you want him to do and use him correctly.