the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

4 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

What are we doing with Funchess? 

they restructured his deal and he's sticking around.  I would assume he's down to the $1M dead cap number it would cost to release him.

Even so, not sure he'll make the team

Edited by skibrett15

2 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

What are we doing with Funchess? 

He took a pay cut to stay on. Great no risk move for the Packers. He's making about a million bucks and is just two years removed from the '17-'18 stretch where he had 107 rec, 1,389 yards and 12 tds over 2 seasons. Nothing but upside there for the Packers by keeping him on for now. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

He took a pay cut to stay on. Great no risk move for the Packers. He's making about a million bucks and is just two years removed from the '17-'18 stretch where he had 107 rec, 1,389 yards and 12 tds over 2 seasons. Nothing but upside there for the Packers by keeping him on for now. 

Awesome I was hoping he would stick around I must’ve missed that news. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

II hope we have something resembling a normal off season: OTA's / Mini-TC
If so - I hope Funchess is working out hard now and hits the ground running.  We could make use of ^^^^ guy.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I would think he would make it over St. Brown.  

yeah, I guess so.  It's always a chance that they draft a WR or two, and it's always a chance that they just don't carry many WRs and have 4-5 TEs or extra RBs/FBs.

Guys who are out of football for a year, even for the best of reasons, don't inspire roster confidence from me.  ESB hasn't been healthy going into a season in a long time, so he could easily beat out funchess too, and then there's Malik Taylor who they are hanging onto as an ERFA.

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

Totally hypothetical... Would you guys rather have Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson playing CB opposite of Jaire? 

PP, I think both could be slowed down but Sherman has had some injury.  PP also gives back up insurance as a reliable returner.