the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

59 minutes ago, Joe said:

Kick Reiff to RT or sign Schwartz. I'd be happy with either. Not so surprised Adoree Jackson was cut. He's been a disappointment and should've stayed at WR...

Part of me wants to see what Barry could do with Adrian Clayborn.

Would be ok with Vince Williams if the price is right. Same for Kwon Alexander.

Regarding Adoree......  I think something happened to where he was going to get over $10M, guaranteed, pretty quick.  And I think that was on the 5'th year option.

I didn't think he was a disappointment for them at corner.  I think he was pretty good.  But also injured.  He was terrible at returns and was replaced by their version of Malik Taylor.

5 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

😆 and half of their forum was convinced they were about to somehow trade for Russell Wilson. Some even speculating that they were still holding onto Graham in order to woo Wilson.

Wait really? Wilson never used him. I mean he had that one year of just red zone TDs... but didn’t he leave because they didn’t use him.

35 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Schwartz is retiring probably, and if he's not, we cannot afford him. We probably can't afford Reiff either.

We probably couldn't afford Jones either ... but we did.  I'm not discounting anything that's not out of this world price tag.

I'm surprised no announcement has been made regarding any converting of base salaries to signing bonus or any extensions since the signing of Jones because we'll be over the cap and we need to get under the cap before tomorrow.

I think if Peterson is lining up as the "other" corner, he's gonna be excellent.  If teams can simply motion a #1 receiver into him all the time and avoid Jaire, then he's gonna struggle some.

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think if Peterson is lining up as the "other" corner, he's gonna be excellent.  If teams can simply motion a #1 receiver into him all the time and avoid Jaire, then he's gonna struggle some.

This is something I didn't really like with Pettine why not move your best DB around to shut down the guy you need to. I get having a DB being comfortable on his side but that just limits you so much.

• Like 2

Keanu Neal is smart, by opening himself up to the possibility of playing LB he has generated alot more interest in his services resulting in a bigger contract for himself.

Players who can play in the Star position are worth their weight in gold in this increasingly dime/nickle defensive league.