the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

With us being somewhat tight on pocket change........is this the draft class (and draft position) to be replacing him with?

I think the RFA tenders are just more than we would be willing to pay for him.  You have to tender them or release them.  He can be brought back at any negotiable rate after being a true FA now.  We can improve upon Lancaster.  We can also get worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Yeah their headcoach apparently. He discussed biting knee caps and being tough.

Well, then we're screwed.  Shut it down guys!  It is all over.  They have ******* werewolves.  We thought we were good with MVP QBs, but they one-uped us with mythical beasts.  We were so close too.  The worst part is, they don't die either, so he will never go away.  Might as well just fold up the entire league.  Lions 2021-???? champions.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, then we're screwed.  Shut it down guys!  It is all over.  They have ******* werewolves. 

The schedule's not out, but the full moons during the NFL season fall on 9/20, 10/20, 11/19, and 12/18.  Biggest risk is if the Lions are scheduled for Monday night on September 20th, or a Saturday game on December 18th.  They're probably not going to play on consecutive Thursdays in November.

Albert Breer implied that Golladay is unlikely to be a Giant because of the Patriots connection.

This suggests that teams like New England, NY Giants, Miami, Houston, Titans are not contenders for his signature.

Apparently the rumor goes:
Kenny hated playing for a Patriots coach so much he held himself out with an injury even when he was healthy enough to return rather than risk getting hurt again heading in to free agency. That explains why the team never put him on IR despite him literally being out for over half the season.

If it's even remotely true then perhaps he might have to settle for a 1 year deal to rehab his value and prove he is a good teammate and that he's over his injury problems.

Now I'm starting to wonder if he would even seriously consider joining the Packers as a big F U to the Lions?

Edited by Chili

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Well another day with basically zero action from the Packers, but we're presently about $10m over the cap and we have to be under it by 4pm tomorrow so I can pretty much guarantee there's going to be some news tomorrow. 😂🤣😄

A pay cut for Lowry and a Z'Smith restructure should do it.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Albert Breer implied that Golladay is unlikely to be a Giant because of the Patriots connection.

This suggests that teams like New England, NY Giants, Miami, Houston, Titans are not contenders for his signature.

Apparently the rumor goes:
Kenny hated playing for a Patriots coach so much he held himself out with an injury even when he was healthy enough to return rather than risk getting hurt again heading in to free agency. That explains why the team never put him on IR despite him literally being out for over half the season.

If it's even remotely true the perhaps he might have to settle for a 1 year deal to rehab his value and prove he is a good teammate and that he's over his injury problems.

Now I'm starting to wonder if he would even seriously consider joining the Packers as a big F U to the Lions?

If Patricia was still a lion maybe... but I doubt he takes any sweetheart deals.

Plus Miami is different. Everyone has said Flores is like the least Patriots ... patriots assistant. So I would still think they have an edge there, money and no state taxes, and sunny weather.

I read that it depends on when GB submits A.Jones’ deal to the league. They might not have submitted it yet so they are technically still under the cap in the league’s eyes. Then once the clock strikes, they could submit his deal without having to immediately make cuts. 

but they had so little cap room, I would’ve thought they’d have to make a move just to clear space for Tonyan/Sullivan, much less A.Jones. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, then we're screwed.  Shut it down guys!  It is all over.  They have ******* werewolves.  We thought we were good with MVP QBs, but they one-uped us with mythical beasts.  We were so close too.  The worst part is, they don't die either, so he will never go away.  Might as well just fold up the entire league.  Lions 2021-???? champions.

Yeah Dave if you didn’t see the press conference here you go:

All I have to say.. suh was a few season too early. I’m sure he would love to bite kneecaps off for Campbell.

Edited by Green19

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Makes sense with a pretty strong draft class coming in and the creativity of offenses able to scheme players open, increase use of TE and RB as passing game options.  

WR being a luxury type position in a reduced cap year.  I think teams need a solid to elite #1 WR, but the #2 and #3 spots can be filled with lesser tier players and the offense can still be very effective.