the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

Just now, CWood21 said:

We already have our slot CB...

Our new DC said you can never have too many!

Seeing these deals coming now makes me happy we waited, as long as we actually get a couple guys. Would still love WR (Samuel), CB, LB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

C'mon Gutey, these are the deals you make. This is a steal for a top slot CB. 

We had opportunities to get Justin Coleman in the past but we've never been linked with him so it's highly unlikely we would show interest now.

Edited by Chili

Just now, JBURGE said:

Our new DC said you can never have too many!

Seeing these deals coming now makes me happy we waited, as long as we actually get a couple guys. Would still love WR (Samuel), CB, LB.

The prices are great right now... I wonder if we are in negations with anyone but I bet by the end of the day we will know all the restructures and this will really tell us what we may or may not be working with financially. Also I am good with our LB we need probably two DL.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We already have our slot CB...

Was waiting for someone to say this: 

1. Coleman is better than Sullivan (not sure it's really that close either, but maybe)
  2. Signing another slot CB would allow us to more flexibly use Sullivan - I actually think Sully might be better in the 3rd safety role vs. slot CB (he struggles against twitchy slot WRs) 
  3. We need CBs
  4. We need more than one "slot" CB
  5. $2.75 mil for Coleman is cheap AF

Those are just the 5 reasons that immediately come to mind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reaper said:

The prices are great right now... I wonder if we are in negations with anyone but I bet by the end of the day we will know all the restructures and this will really tell us what we may or may not be working with financially. Also I am good with our LB we need probably two DL.

I haven't been happy with our LBs in 10 years lol I would love to add a league average starter, not asking for a big ticket guy. 

There are still some decent DE/DTs out there. Jurell Casey, Sheldon Rankins, Ogunjobi, Mike Pennel. Would love to add one too. 

I don't think we will show any interest in Mike Pennell. We cut him because he was suspended twice for violating the league's substance abuse policy. With Kansas he got suspended for a 3rd time presumably for the same thing. He also very rarely affect games with only 2 career sacks, 2 passes defended and 1 forced fumble.

I don't think he's someone we would look to upgrade our DL.

Even though it's only been 2 days and FA officially starts today, we are pretty much headed into the second tier of FA, which is where the Packers could make a few moves. Guys I'd like to see us consider at CB and DL: 

CB: Malcolm Butler, Xavier Rhodes, Casey Hayward, Troy Hill, Brian Poole (might be too short for us), Mac Alexander, Adoree Jackson, Kevin King (if his market is non-existent which I think might be the case). 

DL: Adam Butler, Morgan Fox, Lawrence Guy, DaQuan Jones, Mike Pennel, Jurrell Casey, Adrian Clayborn, Quinton Jefferson 

Edited by packfanfb

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Kevin King (if his market is non-existent which I think might be the case). 

I don't think it's non-existent.  I think it's just been softer than what he anticipated.  We've only 5 CBs sign for an AAV north of $5M.