the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I've read reports that he wanted to join a big market team. I don't think GB was even a consideration for him and the Packers knew this.

We also place a lot of value on blocking, not really sure but I'm guessing that's not his strong suit.

Just now, oldmansmell said:

We also place a lot of value on blocking, not really sure but I'm guessing that's not his strong suit.

He's a unique WR because he is built like a RB. I would be surprised if he struggles with his blocking.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

He's a unique WR because he is built like a RB. I would be surprised if he struggles with his blocking.

He doesn’t, it was one of his pluses coming out of USC. I guess it’s fair to ask if he wants to do it though. He may not want to do it down in and down out.

Just now, oldmansmell said:

Yeah for some reason I thought he was smaller than he is, I think the AB replacement thing threw me. 

We could put a player like AB to very good use. Not every WR needs to knock over LBs to be productive.

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Chiefs aren't playing around. They just went to back-to-back SBs and in response, they signed the top interior OL in FA (also got Kyle Long for a ham sandwich) and are going after even more weapons on offense. 

while also losing both their starting OT’s. Also helps when your franchise QB didn’t already have to restructure the previous year because he was still on his rookie deal. And helps that he is only 25 yr old, so not much trade offs to worry about with a restructure. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

We could put a player like AB to very good use. Not every WR needs to knock over LBs to be productive.

Sure, like Ervin, I just think maybe that's not a priority as a #2 receiver in the FA market cap wise. I could be totally off base though.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

WRs definitely not a priority for us now.

There really isn’t one worth going after. Looking at guys now that are arguably likely going to be behind Lazard and MVS if they sign. Draft or trade will bare the most fruit at this point.

I really only see Fuller at CB as the only BIG move GB might make. Maybe another CB outside of Fuller (depending how they feel about a Sherman, Jackson, etc).

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

There really isn’t one worth going after. Looking at guys now that are arguably likely going to be behind Lazard and MVS if they sign. Draft or trade will bare the most fruit at this point.

I really only see Fuller at CB as the only BIG move GB might make. Maybe another CB outside of Fuller (depending how they feel about a Sherman, Jackson, etc).

I think Sherman's a year (or two) past it IMO.

Jackson would cost way more than we're gonna fork out - but CB is definitely on the "needs bodies" list.

We'll be selecting from the secondary FA market for stopgaps (which might include King....) and drafting the future..

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The last few years have made me way too excited about free agency. 

Ha, I mean we didn't even really do anything last year. We signed Kirksey and Wagner on the same day before FA even started IIRC. Then that was basically it other than Funchess.