the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Ha, I mean we didn't even really do anything last year. We signed Kirksey and Wagner on the same day before FA even started IIRC. Then that was basically it other than Funchess. 

Well, we had signed 3 players by now, so that's more than 0

Something has to be up. Either Rodgers wouldn't accept a restructure and just want's to play out his contract and move on or it's Love or bust for Gute. I can't believe they're just sitting around doing nothing while everyone else is getting better. This is very frustrating. For the last two days I've been checking my phone at work for news and crickets.

Finally some news.

I'm kinda surprised Seattle didn't look for a more dynamic RB. Carson is good but he's pretty one dimensional.

Marlon Mack, Jamaal Williams, Phillip Lindsay and even Kenyan Drake would be more dynamic options.

Fournette perhaps but he's too similar to Carson.

Edited by Chili

Let's pause here....

We're referencing a ton of signings here and have we stopped to think "do we really want this player?"

Adoree Jackson is a bust, JuJu's gotten more attention for his dumb@$$ TikTok videos than his play, Chris Carson is an injury-prone player that has really been a flash in the pan. 

The only player I'm bummed out on not getting, more like not retaining, was J-Will. Every other player that's left the Packers makes sense, even Linsley as much as it pains me to admit it and I'm not losing sleep over who we are NOT signing...

We're here to win Super Bowls, not paper championships determined in March and April...

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

Browns have had a solid FA period. Needed help in the secondary so they got Johnson and Hill from the Rams. Then added an underrated LB in Walker from Indy. Now a declining yet still effective player in Jackson on the DL. 

If Mayfield is decent this year, the Browns could be a darkhorse SB team. 

Have faith, everyone.

The teams who go all out will pull a Niners and we will get our hearts ripped out in a third straight Championship game.

Super Bowl winners aren’t made in March.

Not even the Buccaneers win if it wasn’t for them nailing the draft and in-season moves.  And I would fight anyone on that.  They do not - hands down - win the Super Bowl if not for Wirfs and Winfield.