the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jones, Adams, Bakh, Linsley, Turner,  Wagner, Clark, Kirksey, Barnes, Martin Alexander, King, Savage, all missed games last year.

We were incredibly healthy in 2019, last year I recall we were mid-pack.

you're right

middle of the pack seems so lovely, even

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is good news, the fact they desire to do this is all I needed. I'm sure it will get done, Rodgers realizes his legacy needs 1 more title and we're close.

I have come to refuse to click on anything to do with Rodgers because there's always an angle. (I didn't watch the video). No one gives a damn if the Packers free up space. They want to jump on the "Rodgers future" crap. The good news is it may be getting done. The weird part is why wasn't it done earlier and let's hope it gets done before all the crumbs are gone

Edited by cannondale
2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

..I see the following players/positions having a decline in production/value ..

Center ---DL -- CB -- OT -- RB - QB - 

Every other position is net neutral at this point. Feeling like an 8-10 win season right now.

Your "decline" reasoning is sound.  

I don't think the "8-10 wins" follows?  We play 6 games against the North.  We blew it last year and lost one of those, but we really ought to win 5, or maybe all 6, of those games.  5-1 in division, all it takes is .500 in the other games and you're in double-digits.  

I think RB should be better.  Dillon was a rookie and missed much of the season.  He's got a chance to be a force in a way that Williams for all of his professionalism couldn't give.  TE might be better, at least passing-wise? DeGuara missed it all, Jace a lot, and Dafney too.  With a full camp I'd like to imagine all three of those guys might be situated to help.  WR might be a little better, too.  Lazard and Adams missed a lot, MVS could still improve some or get utilized more or better, St. Brown missed a lot and might give more if he's involved all camp and part of the initial rotation; and Funchess might add something, too.  There were quite a few Taylor/Shepherd snaps, and a lot of Ervin-Austin snaps too, without gobs of stats-worthy production from those.  So I'm hoping the offense will be as good as before, maybe better?  ***IF*** the o-line can perform, and ***IF*** key guys stay healthy.  Huge pair of IF's.  

If guessing today, I'd guess ≥10 wins.  

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I have come to refuse to click on anything to do with Rodgers because there's always an angle. (I didn't watch the video). No one gives a damn if the Packers free up space. They want to jump on the "Rodgers future" crap. The good news is it may be getting done. The weird part is why wasn't it done earlier and let's hope it gets done before all the crumbs are gone

If it's a re-structure, then there's no excuse it wasn't done. An extension requires bargaining from both sides, so that is understandable.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is good news, the fact they desire to do this is all I needed. I'm sure it will get done, Rodgers realizes his legacy needs 1 more title and we're close.

This should have been done prior to the start of free agency.

They no doubt need to do something with Rodgers.  In the least it would have been accelerating bonus money but now it's going to be an extension.  Makes total sense, but I don't feel the need to pay the 38 year old any more money and I hope they don't bury us to the point where in 3-4 years we can't get out of it.  He's not going to be getting any better and neither should the money.  We're already paying him elite money, and at least post season wise we haven't always seen elite play including this last post season.  Keep kicking the can down the road and the bus will blow up after it runs over us.  I'd rather avoid that.

K. So I'm just going to assume that Rodgers and Adams get done and GB has some money.  I'm looking at a free agency list here (for available guys).  https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

Looking at RB...just a lot out there.  How is Gurley only 27? Jordan Howard only 26?  Only thing that interests me there is Patterson, and that is for specials.  Luxury item.  We may not have money for luxury.

WR.  I'd give money to TY Hilton for one year.  Low money on a Dede Westbrook flier.  Watkins for the right price.

OT.  Kind of beg either Veldheer or Wagner to come back at minimal money during camp.

Edge.  No EDGE.  We have enough.

DL.  I want one, but there's not a whole lot left.

ILB.  Relative interest in Patrick Onwuasor and Curtis Bolton.   If I want to transform the defense overnight and am willing to spend, KJ Wright would do that.

CB.  Here is where there are names.  Adoree Jackson, King, Sherman, butler, Heyward and Alexander.

I've come away thinking that the players that really move the needle are gone.  If we free up money, we should pick a corner and a low priced DL.  Then save that money and hope that there is another round of releases coming.

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

K. So I'm just going to assume that Rodgers and Adams get done and GB has some money.  I'm looking at a free agency list here (for available guys).  https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

Looking at RB...just a lot out there.  How is Gurley only 27? Jordan Howard only 26?  Only thing that interests me there is Patterson, and that is for specials.  Luxury item.  We may not have money for luxury.

WR.  I'd give money to TY Hilton for one year.  Low money on a Dede Westbrook flier.  Watkins for the right price.

OT.  Kind of beg either Veldheer or Wagner to come back at minimal money during camp.

Edge.  No EDGE.  We have enough.

DL.  I want one, but there's not a whole lot left.

ILB.  Relative interest in Patrick Onwuasor and Curtis Bolton.   If I want to transform the defense overnight and am willing to spend, KJ Wright would do that.

CB.  Here is where there are names.  Adoree Jackson, King, Sherman, butler, Heyward and Alexander.

I've come away thinking that the players that really move the needle are gone.  If we free up money, we should pick a corner and a low priced DL.  Then save that money and hope that there is another round of releases coming.

Yup, there will be some cuts after the draft.