the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Seattle have just signed DL Kerry Hyder and Benson Mayowa and that has probably closed the door on a Carlos Dunlap return which gives me hope.

Seattle fans were saying before Dunlap signed for them the defence was leaky and after he joined the defence got much much better. Sounds like he still got some left in his tank. He's still only 32.

He would certainly be an upgrade over Montravius Adams so in that sense our depth would actually be improved despite getting older.

Dunlap is a pure edge. He can't play inside. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

How's he doing in the last 2 or 3?

2020 -really a washout due to injury, suffered a shoulder injury in training camp, missed first four games of the season, played in 8 games never more than 20 snaps, then put on IR - was first major injury of his career
2019 - 5 sacks, 10 QB hits, 4 TFL, PFF 76.2
2018 - 10 sacks, 19 QB hits, 13 TFL, PFF 81.8
2017 - 9 sacks, 10 QB hits, 20 TFL, PFF 90.7
2016 - 9 sacks, 26 QB hits, 13 TFL, PFF 87.0

Looking at his stats, PFF ratings, age and most signficantly his injury record he seems a more attractive proposition than the man many of us got crazy about, JJ Watt.

Go get him Gutey!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Aaron Donald has only been in the league since 2014.  Atkins has played since 2010, and has 51 more games played.

The other top DL's on QB pressures are Suh at #3 with 559, he came into the league the same year as Atkins an Fletcher Cox at #4 with 503 pressures and he came into the league in 2012, Atkins got 77 more pressures in 32 more games than Cox.

Point being any of Suh, Cox, Donald or Atkins would be a very nice addition to our front. Atkins and Suh are available, I think Geno is the better player and we should be all over him.

• Like 1

Adam Schefter -   Bucs’ and OT Donovan Smith reached agreement on a two-year, $31.8 million contract extension through 2023 that now includes $30 million guaranteed over the next two seasons.

With this deal, Smith now will collect on four consecutive years - 2019-2022 - of guaranteed money totaling an unprecedented $57 million.

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

The other top DL's on QB pressures are Suh at #3 with 559, he came into the league the same year as Atkins an Fletcher Cox at #4 with 503 pressures and he came into the league in 2012, Atkins got 77 more pressures in 32 more games than Cox.

Point being any of Suh, Cox, Donald or Atkins would be a very nice addition to our front. Atkins and Suh are available, I think Geno is the better player and we should be all over him.

Gute has to do something ... outside of Kenny Clark there isn't an interior lineman on our roster that can be counted on.  Lowry and Lancaster are not good enough.  Keke hasn't shown himself to be consistent enough.  Go get a proven veteran and improve this grouping.  Gute also can't count on the draft to add a boost this year to that group.  Get a good veteran DT and solidify this thing.  

• Like 2

Bucs officially have their entire team back other than AB and Fournette (who are both likely to resign). I imagine between now and the playoffs they'll add another 2-3 solid veterans players as well. Absent injuries, good luck beating this team this year. With the Saints likely to fall off, the Bucs should have a pretty clear path to South title and likely the No. 1 seed (much softer schedule than us). 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bucs officially have their entire team back other than AB and Fournette (who are both likely to resign). I imagine between now and the playoffs they'll add another 2-3 solid veterans players as well. Absent injuries, good luck beating this team this year. With the Saints likely to fall off, the Bucs should have a pretty clear path to South title and likely the No. 1 seed (much softer schedule than us). 

Funny how a 5 loss team brought the band back together and no one is going to beat them, but the #1 seed does the same thing, and our offseason sucks...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They are going to win it all again .. should be even better this year.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Funny how a 5 loss team brought the band back together and no one is going to beat them, but the #1 seed does the same thing, and our offseason sucks...

We lost Linsley and haven't fixed the areas that got us beat in the first place.  Brady is going to laugh his *** off when he sees Kevin King and Chandler Sullivan out there again.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bucs officially have their entire team back other than AB and Fournette (who are both likely to resign). I imagine between now and the playoffs they'll add another 2-3 solid veterans players as well. Absent injuries, good luck beating this team this year. With the Saints likely to fall off, the Bucs should have a pretty clear path to South title and likely the No. 1 seed (much softer schedule 

Barring the same misfortune the 49er's had with injuries the Buc's may go undefeated this season. That roster will be ridiculous after they add another solid draft.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's more about the intangibles, per my post: 

1. On paper at least, Bucs have a much easier schedule (they play the NFC East and we play the West, they play the AFC East and we play the North). There's a very strong argument we play the best two divisions in football top to bottom and the Bucs play the worst 2. 
  2. Just like we said last year "this is the second year of the offense with Rodgers and co....well it's year 2 of the offense for Brady and the Bucs. So there's every reason to believe they will be better on offense just for that reason unless you think this is finally the year Brady goes all Drew Brees on us. 
  3. They have the same defense including DC -- a group that was very good down the stretch. We have a new DC -- which is a wildcard (maybe good, maybe bad). 

Even if both teams stayed about the same personnel wise...there's plenty of reasons to say we're the No. 2 team there. 

9 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Dunlap is a pure edge. He can't play inside. 

Really, According to his wiki he is 285lbs. That is extremely heavy as an EDGE. You usually see that kind of weight in interior DL so I assumed he was an interior DL

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Really, According to his wiki he is 285lbs. That is extremely heavy as an EDGE. You usually see that kind of weight in interior DL so I assumed he was an interior DL

He's a 4-3 defensive end.  I think ideally the Packers would get a 300 plus pounder to play inside next to Clark.