the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We lost Linsley and haven't fixed the areas that got us beat in the first place.  Brady is going to laugh his *** off when he sees Kevin King and Chandler Sullivan out there again.

I can't even imagine the **** talk King will be subject to against TB

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think I'd agree with that, I'd be pretty confident we'd split 5 of 10 games we played. We just witnessed 2 they took.

I feel like they were better at every position group outside of QB and OL, and probably RB.  Maybe we had the edge in individual secondary talent, but it never really helped the cause of the defense.

Their defense overall was 2 standard deviations better than Green Bay, and their offense wasn't even much worse.

22 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

and you also run into good offenses in the playoffs. 

btw, here is how often those opposing defenses gave up as much points to other teams as they surrendered to GB. 

2010 CHI: 14 or more, 10/15 games= 67%
2011 NYG: 20 or more, 9/15 games= 60%
2013 SF: 20 or more, 6/15 games= 40%
2014 SEA: 13 or more, 9/15 games= 60%
2015 ARZ: 20 or more, 8/15 games= 53%
2016 ATL: 21 or more, 10/15 games= 67%
2019 SF: 20 or more, 9/15 games= 60%
2020 TB: 26 or more, 7/15 games= 47%

I don't care about the regular season. You think the Packer defense holds the Saints to 20 ? You think the Packer defense holds the Chiefs to 9 ??  0% chance

How many fans were saying maybe its better they lost against the Bucs to avoid getting torched by the Chiefs ?? Were they saying that because of the offense or the defense ?? The fear was that Mahomes would drop 50 on the defense

Edited by cannondale

21 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I feel like they were better at every position group outside of QB and OL, and probably RB.  Maybe we had the edge in individual secondary talent, but it never really helped the cause of the defense.

Their defense overall was 2 standard deviations better than Green Bay, and their offense wasn't even much worse.

Consider how much better their coordinator was compared to Pettine. Pettine made his name on a Rex Ryan system that has been proven to be borderline obsolete at this point in the game...

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't care about the regular season. You think the Packer defense holds the Saints to 20 ? You think the Packer defense holds the Chiefs to 9 ??  0% chance

Ok, then keep going with your mental gymnastics then... Rodgers must be defended in every single circumstance I guess. btw, nobody ever said the GB defense was the TB defense. that's a non sequitur. 

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Consider how much better their coordinator was compared to Pettine. Pettine made his name on a Rex Ryan system that has been proven to be borderline obsolete at this point in the game...

We have 2 or 3 players on the level of lavonte david, Devin White, ndamukong suh, Shaq Barrett, Vita Vea. 

Would trade our team for their team way before I traded Pettine for Bowles.

Not to mention on offense we have the huge coaching edge.  Arians was only holding back that team.

Edited by skibrett15

12 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Ok, then keep going with your mental gymnastics then... Rodgers must be defended in every single circumstance I guess. btw, nobody ever said the GB defense was the TB defense. that's a non sequitur. 

The GB defense vs the TB defense was my entire argument from the start. It's the entire premise of my "fix the defense or nothing else matters." There is no gymnastics. If you disagree with my narrow vision, I'm cool with it. I don't really have to defend Rodgers. He was MVP and QB'd the #1 ranked offense.

Edited by cannondale

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

We have 2 or 3 players on the level of lavonte david, Devin White, ndamukong suh, Shaq Barrett, Vita Vea. 

Would trade our team for their team way before I traded Pettine for Bowles.

Why? So that Pettine would find a way to misuse them too?