the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Precisely why I (and some others) have been harping on Gute to address the DL in FA. It's a very weak unit to begin with outside of Clark and Keke and the draft doesn't seem like it's going to give us much help, especially for this season.  

last year was the year to snag a good value DL in FA. Was a huge whiff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Precisely why I (and some others) have been harping on Gute to address the DL in FA. It's a very weak unit to begin with outside of Clark and Keke and the draft doesn't seem like it's going to give us much help, especially for this season.  

Plenty still out there. Waiting till after the draft is smart. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Plenty still out there. Waiting till after the draft is smart. 

I mean the well is pretty dry now unless you're referring to the fact that typically there's a second FA after the draft with more guys getting cut, then I'd generally agree. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I mean the well is pretty dry now unless you're referring to the fact that typically there's a second FA after the draft with more guys getting cut, then I'd generally agree. 

There's still plenty right now available. We were never signing anyone on the DL to a big deal this year, not after giving Clark one and signing Bahk and Jones along with having a gaping hole at CB to fill.

We were always going to be shopping in the 2-4 AAV area and there is still plenty there, but if Barmore falls or the FO really likes Onwuzurike, why use your small allotment of FA money to sign a guy who won't play??

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, vegas492 said:

Man.  I don't know.  You can't really grade a draft class till 3-4 years into their careers.

But it's hard to NOT be excited about 2018.  Gary, Savage, Jenkins then Keke, then Stern and Summers for depth at ILB.  

I was very skeptical about the Gary and Savage picks, but they are coming on nicely.  We know what Jenkins is, and I have high hopes for Keke.

We could have picked 3 impact guys that draft in Gary, Savage and Jenkins.  I'd argue Jenkins is already there.  Savage is knocking on the door.  Gary, well, he's improved a lot, but I don't think he's quite knocking on the door yet, but he could kick that thing down this year.

I agree with everything you wrote but how great would it be if the Packers drafted a starting CB and RT in this draft ` or even center. The team has holes to fill now so I am hopeful it won't be just draft for the future like the first few picks last year.