FA QB's for 2018

jetfan8178

There is absolutely nothing that Hack has shown me to consider passing on QBs this offseason.

There is absolutely nothing that leads me to believe that I want to sign Bridgewater to a huge multi year deal, which is what it would take. I don't believe any team is going to give Bridgewater that kind of money without seeing him back from injury. IMO he signs a one year deal to stay with the Vikings so he can cash in if healthy.

With that out of the way it leads me back to this:

1) Cousins, if we miss out load up on young talent with the $$ (mainly CB/C/RB)

2) I don't believe there will be an option to move up to #1 or #2 this year which leads us to either sit pat and take a QB that falls to us or trade up for a QB that we deem as the next best guy.

IMO if Macc doesn't get Cousins or a QB they deem worthy of a first round pick then he deserves to be fired. There is no way I gamble my career on what Hack has shown this far regardless if you believe he hasn't had a shot to actually play.

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Many qb needy teams passed on qb? like who?   Mahomes and Watson were too high for 49ers and Jets. That's it for first 12 spots.  Maybe Browns should package last 2 1st round picks to move up for Watson.

Moxie over attitude is good enough for Jets to take him in 1st round? I don't think so. Jets have cleared players with bad attitude off lately. I don't expect Jets to make an exception for him.

Says who?  I bet if you redraft Watson goes #1 to CLE and SF/NYJ would be trading up to get him.  He looks like a start in the making but he was too high because why Mel Kiper said he was and he didn't have elite arm strength.  Please you know that any one of those teams would do anything to redraft and have Watson now.

Moxie isn't why you take him in round 1 skill is.  He has everything you want, accuracy, arm strength, smarts, leadership on the field, attitude on the field, moves the pocket well and throws accurate on the run.  Again if he's 6'2"+ he's probably going #1 overall. 

31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Again exactly why Petty was a 4th round pick.  

They actually don't fall short at all though in most of them.  Did you just actually mention Hack and accuracy in the same sentence.  The guy with among the worst accuracy in college football.  Since we are focusing on measurable things.  Jackson's issues are accuracy but if you are going to defend Hack then the same goes for Jackson who actually has shown improvement over his 3 seasons but again stats don't matter.  I hear how smart Hack is but have yet to see that translate to anything.  Jackson has proven he will work to expand the playbook as I posted proof in previous posts about his work ethic.  So really Jackson has accuracy issues like Hack and Mayfield checks all the other boxes except height and attitude.

You want to say he won't succeed because he'll get arrested by all means but he's the #1 overall pick if he's 6'2"+ and not 5'11".  

You keep pushing this idea that stats don't matter but they do.  They don't tell the whole story but they certainly matter.  I defended Anderson last year saying we needed to cut Marshall and Decker and got blasted for it by you specifically.  I looked at his routes, his hands, and his physical ability and said he had starting WR upside because when the ball got put on him he made plays.  You continually used stats to support your argument that he only had like 500 yards and we needed to keep Decker.  Now Anderson has blossomed because he had a QB that could get him the ball consistently and he had the opportunity because you could see it in the kid.  Now that stats hurt your argument they no longer matter?  

Not every spread QB will fail and every pro style QB succeed.  You don't have to like Jackson or Mayfield but I do and would take either one if they fall to where we pick.

And he certainly didn't get arrested but Hack threw his coaches under the bus at PSU.  Not exactly squeaky clean when it comes to attitude but I guess since you like Hack he's a great kid and I suppose accurate too.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/3/26/11307682/christian-hackenberg-james-franklin-penn-state-nfl-draft

Hack saying what was true was an attitude issue? Go watch his Gruden Camp. I feel that’s a big reason why he said those things about his coaches. The kid had a very good freshman year, yet new coaches wanted to change the system, his footing, arm angle, etc. Pretty idiotic as a coaching staff to do that. He kept his mouth shut for 2 whole years. But the second he declares he’s no longer a player for them. And when asked why his footing and arm angle changed... He said the truth, that his coaches made him. If anything that’s a positive if you ask me. He did what his coaches asked even though he knew it wasn’t what he should do. It shows he listens.

I don’t dislike Jackson. I just don’t see a top 10 pick value in him. I do whoever dislike Mayfield. I’d take him in Round 2 but not in Round 1. But I think a player like Jackson needs just like Hack multiple years to adjust to the NFL. What made Jackson successful in college does not transfer over to the nfl. He can’t run like he does. Those huge lanes he has to throw in Won’t be there bc teams won’t have to load the box and have qb spies on him in the nfl. His accuracy even in this huge lanes has been poor. He also like others have mentioned isn’t very smart. You point out his work ethic and that’s great. But a qb should always be the smartest guy in the field and his teammates should 100% know he knows the playbook like the back of his hand along with being able to read a defense. And I don’t see those smarts in him. I like using the poor mans Mariota as to compare him. And when I say poor mans. I mean really poor. Bc I don’t see any of the arm talent or smarts that’s Mariota had in him. If we were picking at pick 25 I’d be all for Jackson perhaps but not at pick 8.

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Ah I just knew this was going to happen. No answer at QB, and not in position to draft one. 

Why Jets 

This is what happens when you play a vet at QB. They’ll win you just enough games to keep you out of the top 5. And also leave you without knowing what you have with qbs in the roster.

46 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Ah I just knew this was going to happen. No answer at QB, and not in position to draft one. 

Why Jets 

Jets did many different ways to get qb of the franchise.   Traded up for Sanchez.  Pennington as an extra 1st. Drafted overrated 1st round qb in 2nd.  Traded up one spot to get hot statistic qb in 4th.  What next?

tenor.gif?itemid=3918651

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2_OpoPtCVqntivLJQg_n

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Says who?  I bet if you redraft Watson goes #1 to CLE and SF/NYJ would be trading up to get him.  He looks like a start in the making but he was too high because why Mel Kiper said he was and he didn't have elite arm strength.  Please you know that any one of those teams would do anything to redraft and have Watson now.

Moxie isn't why you take him in round 1 skill is.  He has everything you want, accuracy, arm strength, smarts, leadership on the field, attitude on the field, moves the pocket well and throws accurate on the run.  Again if he's 6'2"+ he's probably going #1 overall. 

I honestly don't remember Watson or Mahomes being mentioned in top 5 discussion in NFL world. I don't think non-elite arm strength is the reason Watson "fell".  Size and accuracy had been concerns for a several teams I believe. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets did many different ways to get qb of the franchise.   Traded up for Sanchez.  Pennington as an extra 1st. Drafted overrated 1st round qb in 2nd.  Traded up one spot to get hot statistic qb in 4th.  What next?

tenor.gif?itemid=3918651

I honestly don't remember Watson or Mahomes being mentioned in top 5 discussion in NFL world. I don't think non-elite arm strength is the reason Watson "fell".  Size and accuracy had been concerns for a several teams I believe. 

There was that report about the recorded velocity of his passes and the ability to make all the throws especially in a place like MetLife in the winter.

I didn’t want to take Watson at 6 but I had a weird feeling about him. Watching him in the title game last year something just said “that’s an NFL QB” to me. 

I still would of took Adams at the time though I would of been wrong.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3918651

All I'm going to say is that my singular mock draft in this forum had us landing Watson at 6 and everyone here ridiculed me. I also begged for Watson in all of the draft threads and found people laughing at my comments and that it would be a terrible pick because it wasn't a "QB draft."

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This is what happens when you play a vet at QB. They’ll win you just enough games to keep you out of the top 5. And also leave you without knowing what you have with qbs in the roster.

This is the most accurate statement of the year. We spent four years, two with Fitz & two with McCown, and we still have no idea who will be our QB in 2018. Our only hope is that we lose our last three games this year. This is how pathetic things are for the Jets that we have to root for them to lose. There will be teams that will be picking behind us that will want to move up to get a QB. We are going to find out what kind of GM we have in the upcoming draft and FA period. This is the year of the QB's, there will be no excuses if Mac fails to pull the trigger on some kind of move to get us a QB. 

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This is the most accurate statement of the year. We spent four years, two with Fitz & two with McCown, and we still have no idea who will be our QB in 2018. Our only hope is that we lose our last three games this year. This is how pathetic things are for the Jets that we have to root for them to lose. There will be teams that will be picking behind us that will want to move up to get a QB. We are going to find out what kind of GM we have in the upcoming draft and FA period. This is the year of the QB's, there will be no excuses if Mac fails to pull the trigger on some kind of move to get us a QB. 

Ooo yea signing the mighty McCown was our way of going out to scrape up some wins!

the last 3 years the teams he's been on have earned #1 overall, #2 overall, and #1 overall. If you ask me Macc did everything in his power to land us a top 3 pick. Our team is just more talented and better coached than any of us really thought. 

21 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Ooo yea signing the mighty McCown was our way of going out to scrape up some wins!

the last 3 years the teams he's been on have earned #1 overall, #2 overall, and #1 overall. If you ask me Macc did everything in his power to land us a top 3 pick. Our team is just more talented and better coached than any of us really thought. 

Lets see 2016 5 wins 11 losses    2017 5 wins 11 losses some improvement, and still no QB. And we are in last place again. After spending 8 years on defensive it should be much improved. The offensive is still bad no running game no QB, shaky  O line. The only coaching that is better is the OC, your boy Bowles is not HC material. And if Mac screws up this upcoming offseason he has to go. What is your love affair with Mac & Bowles, I don't get it. 

I believe this was the year for the culture change. we already matched our wins from last season without the overpriced vets. We got cheated out of 2 games by the refs. Could be sitting on 7 wins right now. So I can't complain too much about performance when every expected to be picking in the top 3 this year. 

We really need Macc to do a better job of scouting, plain and simple. We're about to be in a great position cap space & potentially draft pick wise. To protect himself, he need to sign a solid QB and draft one as well. 

20 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I believe this was the year for the culture change. we already matched our wins from last season without the overpriced vets. We got cheated out of 2 games by the refs. Could be sitting on 7 wins right now. So I can't complain too much about performance when every expected to be picking in the top 3 this year. 

We really need Macc to do a better job of scouting, plain and simple. We're about to be in a great position cap space & potentially draft pick wise. To protect himself, he need to sign a solid QB and draft one as well. 

Culture change? While I agree it’s better (could it have gotten any worse) we just had to bench our highest paid player and our 1st Rounder from a year ago for being late. Robby isn’t exactly keeping his mouth shut and just playing football either. So while it’s better. It’s not good.

Archived