FA QB's for 2018

jetfan8178

Part of the reason why we've kept drafting defense is that we've been a consistently bad team at drafting. Gholston, Wilson, Coples, and Milliner should have or still be making an impact on the team but they didn't. Then throw in Sheldons off Field situation and eventual trade into it an Mo looking like a shell of his former self (whether attitude or injury) hasn't helped either. On top of it the few times we've tried to address offense in the 2nd or 3rd they haven't shaken out.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

2017 38% of the player drafted were on offensive

2016  46% of the players drafted were on offensive

2915 50% of the players drafted were on offensive

Now please tell me and the rest of our board members what happen to all these players, why can't they make the playing field?

Why did we have to go out and pick up WR's & QB's who were second tier players their whole career.

We only scored 17 points against the Pats who are worst defensive in the NFL and are giving up a average 33 points a game

You ask me who I would taken in the draft, Round one either O.J. Howard or Adams, round two Devan Cook who had 359 yards in his first three games before getting hurt. and round three the pick our IDIOT coach gave away for nothing, there was still a top center on the board.

We are all waiting for this answer

You would really want OJ Howard? ASJ has been great this season. You would rather have Dalvin Cook with a torn ACL over Maye who's looked like a stud? Stewart has flashed, he may not be up to speed yet but he's fast and has made some impressive catches. I think we'll be impressed with him by the end of the year. A center would have absolutely been an upgrade at that point but I don't feel like Stewart is a bad pick.

kearse and Kerley have both made some good catches in crunch time. Plus I feel 100% confident that Kerley is going to catch the punt. 

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

You would really want OJ Howard? ASJ has been great this season. You would rather have Dalvin Cook with a torn ACL over Maye who's looked like a stud? Stewart has flashed, he may not be up to speed yet but he's fast and has made some impressive catches. I think we'll be impressed with him by the end of the year. A center would have absolutely been an upgrade at that point but I don't feel like Stewart is a bad pick.

kearse and Kerley have both made some good catches in crunch time. Plus I feel 100% confident that Kerley is going to catch the punt. 

Just because Cook got hurt in Minn., that doesn't mean he would get hurt with the Jets. Why isn't Stewart playing more? How come we only scored only 17 points against the worst rated offensive in the NFL. And OJ  Howard is going to be a big start in this league, and I said I would take Adams or Howard with the first pick. Good luck with your # 1 & #2 receiver in Kerley, & Kearse, I am sure they will make people forget about OB Jr,  A.J Green & Julio Jones. Rob Anderson is probably the only receiver on the roster that has a chance to be a impact player he has shown great speed, and good hands, and he wasn't even a draft pick. Even with pylon call going against us, we still should have beaten the Pats if we had any kind of offensive. After three years of Mac drafting & FA periods we still don't have a QB or a offensive explain why?

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Just because Cook got hurt in Minn., that doesn't mean he would get hurt with the Jets. Why isn't Stewart playing more? How come we only scored only 17 points against the worst rated offensive in the NFL. And OJ  Howard is going to be a big start in this league, and I said I would take Adams or Howard with the first pick. Good luck with your # 1 & #2 receiver in Kerley, & Kearse, I am sure they will make people forget about OB Jr,  A.J Green & Julio Jones. Rob Anderson is probably the only receiver on the roster that has a chance to be a impact player he has shown great speed, and good hands, and he wasn't even a draft pick. Even with pylon call going against us, we still should have beaten the Pats if we had any kind of offensive. After three years of Mac drafting & FA periods we still don't have a QB or a offensive explain why?

I'm sure Howard is going to be good but I'd also rather upgrade our weakest position (which was safety) and use the young TE that was a highly touted recruit than take a 2nd TE. Dalvin Cook suffered a non-contact injury. It's not like that was a freak tackle where we would have been playing a different opponent, his leg gave out without anyone touching him.

We haven't had the opportunity to add a stud WR like OBJ, Julio, AJ Green so your argument there is irrelevant. Of those 3 receivers only Julio has a playoff win on his resume. You can even add Hopkins, Brown, Thomas and Dez to that list, having a stud WR doesn't instantly make you a Super Bowl team. You still need to have a QB, all signs point to us looking for a QB this offseason. I wanted Amari Cooper but he was selected before us. So unless you are claiming Kevin White or Treadwell should have been our pick your argument doesn't make sense. 

Why isn't Stewart playing more? Have you watched anything Mac/Bowles have done since being here? Our 1st round picks always start but after that we try to slowly ease guys into the starting lineup by learning behind veterans. 

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm sure Howard is going to be good but I'd also rather upgrade our weakest position (which was safety) and use the young TE that was a highly touted recruit than take a 2nd TE. Dalvin Cook suffered a non-contact injury. It's not like that was a freak tackle where we would have been playing a different opponent, his leg gave out without anyone touching him.

We haven't had the opportunity to add a stud WR like OBJ, Julio, AJ Green so your argument there is irrelevant. Of those 3 receivers only Julio has a playoff win on his resume. You can even add Hopkins, Brown, Thomas and Dez to that list, having a stud WR doesn't instantly make you a Super Bowl team. You still need to have a QB, all signs point to us looking for a QB this offseason. I wanted Amari Cooper but he was selected before us. So unless you are claiming Kevin White or Treadwell should have been our pick your argument doesn't make sense. 

Why isn't Stewart playing more? Have you watched anything Mac/Bowles have done since being here? Our 1st round picks always start but after that we try to slowly ease guys into the starting lineup by learning behind veterans. 

At least he isn't taking to much playing time from  Anderson. There was one play Sunday where he took a short flat pass and ran around end beating guys who had a angle on him he was so fast it didn't look normal. He is a Legitimate deep threat. 

21 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Since there are so many rule changes to help the offense, there is now a premium on good defense. Lets assume you are talking about every position on offense outside of QB, since you haven't pounded the table for a QB in round one that I'm aware of. Teams will reach or trade up for QBs so I'm going to eliminate those selections in hopes of slightly leveling the playing field. By your thought process you'd have to imagine the majority of draft picks be spent on the offensive side of the ball. This has not been the case, in fact it's almost split evenly down the middle because you still need good defenders to stop teams since the rules are so slanted.

2017 - 62% teams went defense (3 QBs)

2016 - 54% teams went defense (3 QBs)

2015 - 50% teams went defense (2 QBs)

2014 - 59% teams went defense (3 QBs)

Point being you can't just blindly say we need to go offense; you need to base your pick on the talent available at your selection. Of our last 4 drafts what offensive player would you have taken at our pick?

2014 - all offense Cooks, Matthews or Su’a Filo. 

2015 -Beasley but before the police incident, Collins.

2016 - all D, Jack or Spence

2017 -  probably between Adams and Foster but I did like Bolles and Lamp on offense and Watt and Reddick on D.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, rdelaney89 said:

"The team that Mac has built is good enough to make the the playoffs but Mac is to blame for why we don't make the playoffs"

that's how I just read your post. Leave your agenda at home. No one is thinking playoffs, just watch the growth and development happen and go from there.

Growth & development, that is why he brought in Fitz,  Mc Cown,  Kerley, and Kearse, to cover all his horrible draft picks on offensive. And look what he did to the defensive line, we were the best young line till he screwed that by getting rid of Snacks. The Jets have played six games against some pretty some bad team and still don't have ONE SACK. How much longer do you want to wait to be a playoff team. You have to get your nose out of Mac butt and spent a hour checking out three years of Mac's drafting. If we win two or three more meaningless games our chance to get our OB of the future in the draft. is in doubt. And lets not forget Jalin Marshall, who mac said his own words "he is  going to be star". After dropping so many passes & fumbles & taking PED he is gone.

10 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Growth & development, that is why he brought in Fitz,  Mc Cown,  Kerley, and Kearse, to cover all his horrible draft picks on offensive. And look what he did to the defensive line, we were the best young line till he screwed that by getting rid of Snacks. The Jets have played six games against some pretty some bad team and still don't have ONE SACK. How much longer do you want to wait to be a playoff team. You have to get your nose out of Mac butt and spent a hour checking out three years of Mac's drafting. If we win two or three more meaningless games our chance to get our OB of the future in the draft. is in doubt. And lets not forget Jalin Marshall, who mac said his own words "he is  going to be star". After dropping so many passes & fumbles & taking PED he is gone.

As much as I hated not taking Cooks with our second round pick, and we took Maye who could be the best Jet safety since we drafted since  the great Burgess Owens. With almost 40% of the season gone Maye has been the best defensive player on the Jets, so far this year. He plays like he has been in the league five years. He is a great tackler and has broken up many passes. Lets not make the same mistake we made with Owens when we let him walk and go to the Raiders as was a big part of their 1980 Super Bowl winning team. This is no knock against Adams, along Maye they will be the best safety duo in the NFL.  The D line was the strength of the defensive team not any more, they have slip big time, no sacks in six games, it is the safety position that is the strength of the defense. Who ever though I was be excited about a safety, but Maye has done that.

I can’t believe there are fans who actually want to bring in Alex Smith next year. What does a bottom 5 team (yes we are still a bottom 5 team when the season ends) get out of Alex Smith? To give Hackenberg 2 more years on the bench? The best chance to win? Do we think this team is somewhere close? I seriously don’t get it

Alex Smith on the Jets roster under Todd Bowles is not going to look anything like Alex Smith on the chiefs roster with Andy Reid. 

my god this franchise sucks so hard

I hate  to say it but you are right this franchise does suck, not only now but going back 25 to 30 years. When we has Sonny Werblin, as a owner he got the players and the top coaches like Weeb Ewbank, and we got a Super Bowl.  The real problem with the Jets is we have had week owners since Werblin died.

8 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I can’t believe there are fans who actually want to bring in Alex Smith next year. What does a bottom 5 team (yes we are still a bottom 5 team when the season ends) get out of Alex Smith? To give Hackenberg 2 more years on the bench? The best chance to win? Do we think this team is somewhere close? I seriously don’t get it

Alex Smith on the Jets roster under Todd Bowles is not going to look anything like Alex Smith on the chiefs roster with Andy Reid. 

my god this franchise sucks so hard

Just read a vote by NFL players rated Eli Manning the most overrated QB in the NFL, I don't know what to think about that. The guy is 36 or 37 now has had long NFL career and really has never been hurt.  He certainly isn't the player he was years ago, I find this vote very strange, kind of a slap in the face.

Archived