2018 Off-season: Who Do We Keep?

BAConrad

Just now, BAConrad said:

Yeah let's get rid of both the WRs we just brought in who have been a big part of one of the league's best offenses.

torrey is prime candidate to be let go to save 5 million dollars. I mean we did have good looking young receivers this preseason at some point they need to get more playing time at the expense of veterans moving on. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

He came here to increase his value. I don't think 75 catches 854 yards and 6 tds is what guy had in mind. 

Those are just the numbers he's on pace for. But you're ignoring my points about how he is still learning the offense and developing chemistry with Carson, and that he's faced Josh Norman, Patrick Peterson, Janoris Jenkins, Marcus Peters....

Just now, BAConrad said:

Those are just the numbers he's on pace for. But you're ignoring my points about how he is still learning the offense and developing chemistry with Carson, and that he's faced Josh Norman, Patrick Peterson, Janoris Jenkins, Marcus Peters....

well he can get better I didn't deny that. You asked the question today who we should keep this offseason. I don't think if the season ended today Alshon would even want to be here. There are still 10 games and it could get better but as of this moment when you ask this question I don't know that Alshon would want to be an eagle. Takes a player and team to tango. 

WR Alshon Jeffrey (UFA)

TE Trey Burton (UFA)

HB Darren Sproles (UFA)

HB LeGarrette Blount (UFA)

HB Kenjon Barner (UFA)

OG Chance Warmack (UFA)

LB Nigel Bradham (UFA)

S Corey Graham (UFA)

DT Timmy Jernigan (UFA)

LB Najee Goode (UFA)

CB Patrick Robinson (UFA)

CB Dexter McDougle (RFA)

DB Jaylen Watkins (RFA)

DT Beau Allen (UFA)

K Jake Elliott (ERFA)

LS Rick Lovato (ERFA)

I crossed out guys I think we could replace with either a rookie or a different FA. Bolded are players we absolutely need to keep. Other players are ones I think are very likely we keep at this point, but could end up leaving if they are too expensive.

Alshon is obviously the big question mark, how much is he really worth? I think he is worth a top 15-20 WR contract personally, but who knows what our FO thinks. He has been getting heavily focused by defenses, and he is creating space for Nelson and Ertz to make plays. Is that worth a 10-12 million dollar contract? I don't know, but right now I want to keep him around.

^ I like that list. Think it's pretty realistic. 

I'd like to bring back Blount on a similar contract if he's willing while we groom a RB. 

There's room for Burton still. Celek is done after this year. He's still valuable as a blocker but that's all he does at this point in his career. We can easily draft a blocking TE. 

Signing Timmy I think prices Beau out unfortunately. Way too many resources going into the DL. It's obviously a strength but we can't keep throwing money there and not expect other positions to suffer. 

14 hours ago, BAConrad said:

WR Alshon Jeffrey (UFA)

TE Trey Burton (UFA)

HB Darren Sproles (UFA)

HB LeGarrette Blount (UFA)

HB Kenjon Barner (UFA)

OG Chance Warmack (UFA)

LB Nigel Bradham (UFA)

S Corey Graham (UFA)

DT Timmy Jernigan (UFA)

LB Najee Goode (UFA)

CB Patrick Robinson (UFA)

CB Dexter McDougle (RFA)

DB Jaylen Watkins (RFA)

DT Beau Allen (UFA)

K Jake Elliott (ERFA)

LS Rick Lovato (ERFA)

Keep
Maybe
Gone

With Darby and Jones healthy, does that make Robinson expendable? We also just drafted Douglas and the team inexplicably seems to like Jalen Mills.

Schwartz likes to use three safeties which takes a CB off the field.

52 minutes ago, Phire said:

With Darby and Jones healthy, does that make Robinson expendable? We also just drafted Douglas and the team inexplicably seems to like Jalen Mills.

I said Robinson based on the fact we currently have 5 CBs on the field. We don't know what will happen throughout the course of a year and being older I'm sure they'll like someone with his experience. Granted he maybe resigned, it doesn't mean he'll make the roster in '18

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Douglas might be the FSotF

Archived