49ers re-sign CB Jason Verrett (One year deal)

RaidersAreOne

I thought he may have gone with a multiple year deal but he's WAYYY too big of a risk. This makes sense. Give him around 10M or so and if he proves he can stay healthy in 2021, then he can cash out on his last big deal. 

Glad he is back though, now hopefully Spoon. 

• Like 2

I'll wait on the numbers but that's absolutely what I was looking for in regards to him returning. Make him prove last year wasn't a fluke health-wise and you can hit the market again after next year. Prove you can be available two years in a row...

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought he may have gone with a multiple year deal but he's WAYYY too big of a risk. This makes sense. Give him around 10M or so and if he proves he can stay healthy in 2021, then he can cash out on his last big deal. 

Glad he is back though, now hopefully Spoon. 

Sounds like spoon might be signing with the Seahawks.

On one hand a longer deal would have been nice because if he replicates last year his price will just go up and it makes it a bit easier on this year if you can spread the cap hit some. On the other hand with his injury history its a big risk to sign him longer than a year.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like spoon might be signing with the Seahawks.

There was a report that NYG are interested in him and then possibly the Browns/Colts.

He's going to be signed during the next wave of free agency. Seahawks very well may sign him but doubt it is a done deal just yet.