49ers re-sign CB Jason Verrett (One year deal)

RaidersAreOne

Yeah, I still have to think corner is the most likely pick here at 12. But bringing back JV and Mosely was big. They still need to bring in a NB, but those a nickel a quarter a dozen, they can afford to be patient with that position. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I still have to think corner is the most likely pick here at 12. But bringing back JV and Mosely was big. They still need to bring in a NB, but those a nickel a quarter a dozen, they can afford to be patient with that position. 

Unless its Surtain or Farley, I'd hope that we trade down. 

• Like 5

Just now, John232 said:

It just feels like Horn is going to get a lot of love from certain types of teams, us being one of them. But I would prefer a trade down. 

He's going to be in for a rough rookie season, though if he's CB on the outside on a team, that's probably how you want to slowly integrate him into the lineup. 

Just now, Forge said:

He's going to be in for a rough rookie season, though if he's CB on the outside on a team, that's probably how you want to slowly integrate him into the lineup. 

Yeah, i haven't watched a lot of film on him, I know Crocky loves him and he has a pretty good read on corners but everyone is calling him having a rough transition and a rough transition can translate quickly into a rough career. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

And really not a 49ers scheme guy unless we go a lot more press and a lot more man like we did at the end of the season with Varrett and Spoon. His zone awareness is gross. Surtain was pretty dang good in zone looks, presses well if not as gung ho as Horn is, and can do bit of everything from day 1. Farley has pretty bad press technique for a long guy, but he is just a top .1% athlete and erases mistakes like no one in this draft or the last one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John232 said:

I feel like most likely at this point is LT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

And really not a 49ers scheme guy unless we go a lot more press and a lot more man like we did at the end of the season with Varrett and Spoon. His zone awareness is gross. Surtain was pretty dang good in zone looks, presses well if not as gung ho as Horn is, and can do bit of everything from day 1. Farley has pretty bad press technique for a long guy, but he is just a top .1% athlete and erases mistakes like no one in this draft or the last one. 

I have concerns that he's going to get blasted by guys with great releases at the line. I don't think he's going to be as successful at that at the next level winning those matchups, so he's going to have to learn recovery traits, and I don't think that he's quite as athletic as some others.  Honestly, I'd bypass Horn and go with Newsome in the second, even if I had to make a minor trade up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Aussie9er said:

But no one else has either which is a good sign. 

Seems like the Colts are all in there first, i guess. Not even sure they did anything today. 

I did hear that Seattle and Chicago were putting out feelers for Trent today at various points. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like the Colts are all in there first, i guess. Not even sure they did anything today. 

I did hear that Seattle and Chicago were putting out feelers for Trent today at various points. 

Don’t forget the chiefs too unless they cleared up that space for Thuney (only)?

I still don’t think we are going to be able to bring Williams back.