Chiefs sign G Joe Thuney

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Remmers, if he re-signs, is a perfectly acceptable backup. We have a project OT in Prince Tega Wanogho. So, what we really need is a starting LT. After the big three, I see exactly one ready-to-play LT in the whole draft pool, and about three more who might be ready to start this year. BTW, none of them are named Radunz.

J

Remmers played in the SBowl. How'd that work out for ya????

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm standing by my opinion that we draft at least 2 OT's quickly in the upcoming Draft. We need a LT and backup to both starters. OT's in house leave much to be desired.

I agree with this 100%. And I'd still pick up a tackle free agent, too. Radunz, Jenkins, Cosmi and Eichenberg/Mayfield... yes please.

15 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He was a very acceptable RT playing LT.

So Remmers was playing out of position as a RT playing LT. Oh, and he was an Undrafted pickup too. So, not thought of too much. Yeah. Ask Mahomes what he thought of his Oline? By the way Mahomes had to scramble 75% or so on his pass plays.

19 hours ago, Chiefer said:

That’s the problem, they said the same thing about Andrew Luck. “We can let the OL deteriorate, Luck is so good he doesn’t need top tier talent” all of a sudden the guy is retiring at 30 because the hits he took early in his career ruined him. 

Mahomes is a beast I agree, but this is two years in a row now where he’s had an injury concern because he was running for his life per usual and somebody smashed him. Yeah he can make great plays on the run, but now it is getting excessive.

Right now we’re down to 4th and 6th options at OT, it’s like the SB but for a whole season. We need 1st stringers ASAP.

My argument has never really been the OL isn’t an issue.   I realize this.   

I guess the best way to explain it...  all I hear is praise for Veach because he makes these splashy trades,   But it kills our flexibility for the future:   1). Our cap is extremely too heavy,   Everyone happy about signing these top guys,  but the bottom of the roster suffers greatly..    It might not be all that unknown that I’m not the biggest Veach supporter.   I just think he’s overrated because he makes all these splashy signings and than people wonder why we have such great holes the following years.  

Stop throwing all this cash around,   Use FA to fill in holes with middle tier FA’s,  than use the draft to curb those holes for future years.    

Mahomes is not 30,  quit throwing all these top heavy,  high future cap hits into the cap.   All it’s doing is creating bigger holes in other areas in the coming years.   That’s how we start getting stuck over drafting guys at positions of need. 

I’ll ignore the Frank Clark trade,  as I’m assuming everyone agrees that was an awful deal.   Not only are we paying him top dollar,  it also cost us a great asset in the draft.   But hooray Veach filled a big hole that year 

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

So Remmers was playing out of position as a RT playing LT. Oh, and he was an Undrafted pickup too. So, not thought of too much. Yeah. Ask Mahomes what he thought of his Oline? By the way Mahomes had to scramble 75% or so on his pass plays.

We played two UDFA, two 7th round picks and Wisniewski, who was signed off the street. You can't put it all on Remmers. 

Remmers had been doing an admirable job covering RT after Schwartz was hurt, but not nearly as well at LT. Wylie was Wylie at RT. Wis was not good at LG. When either Reiter or Allegretti is your best player, you have a problem. 

This is not to say Allegretti isn't good. We could probably have beaten SF with Nick's current play instead of LDT. We would not have beaten SF with Wylie at RT. As it is, we will be asking him to either play a new position or win the job from LDT. Either way, it's nice that LG will no longer be a revolving door.

J

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

My argument has never really been the OL isn’t an issue.   I realize this.   

I guess the best way to explain it...  all I hear is praise for Veach because he makes these splashy trades,   But it kills our flexibility for the future:   1). Our cap is extremely too heavy,   Everyone happy about signing these top guys,  but the bottom of the roster suffers greatly..    It might not be all that unknown that I’m not the biggest Veach supporter.   I just think he’s overrated because he makes all these splashy signings and than people wonder why we have such great holes the following years.  

Stop throwing all this cash around,   Use FA to fill in holes with middle tier FA’s,  than use the draft to curb those holes for future years.    

Mahomes is not 30,  quit throwing all these top heavy,  high future cap hits into the cap.   All it’s doing is creating bigger holes in other areas in the coming years.   That’s how we start getting stuck over drafting guys at positions of need. 

I’ll ignore the Frank Clark trade,  as I’m assuming everyone agrees that was an awful deal.   Not only are we paying him top dollar,  it also cost us a great asset in the draft.   But hooray Veach filled a big hole that year 

I think mainly it’s because our window is small right now. The core of Mahomes-Kelce-Hill won’t last forever. Once Kelce retires/starts falling off, that’s gonna take a big hit to our SB chances.

the future is now in the eyes of Veach, that means big swings and some misses along the way. Can’t say he sat on his thumbs like some FOs out there(looks at GB). He Mortgages the future a bit, but you figure out the future once you’ve been to three SBs in a row.

yes some deals have been outright terrible, others have been pretty good.  GMs can’t be perfect all the time. But that is something out of my control, not my money lol

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think mainly it’s because our window is small right now. The core of Mahomes-Kelce-Hill won’t last forever. Once Kelce retires/starts falling off, that’s gonna take a big hit to our SB chances.

the future is now in the eyes of Veach, that means big swings and some misses along the way. Can’t say he sat on his thumbs like some FOs out there(looks at GB). He Mortgages the future a bit, but you figure out the future once you’ve been to three SBs in a row.

yes some deals have been outright terrible, others have been pretty good.  GMs can’t be perfect all the time. But that is something out of my control, not my money lol

I understand that,  I’m just saying Veach is creating the issue that the future is now.   Our roster isn’t old sans Kelce and some of his high FA signings.    Most of his FA and draft decisions are geared toward year 1 contributions.    It leaves gaping holes in future years