49ers Sign OLB Samson Ebukam to a Two Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

This lone move allows AA to kick back inside in the nickel. That by itself is worth 3 mil per imo.

And he's a complementary speed guy (4.5 type of speed), and at that point, I don't even care how good he is technically, Bosa will throw QBs in his arms. Imagine having AA almost full time inside (I'd still like to minimize his use outside even on earlier downs), and imagine Kinlaw taking a step forward in his development. We could be really good again. Also, if we can be more coverage-fluid (not married to the Sherman-Cover-3), and more aggressive with the blitz packages, we could be really really good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah, he's always been a streaky mediocre pass rusher that can do a complementary job for you, but doesn't really move the needle. And is pretty dang atrocious against the run. Playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 makes him an ideal 4-3 under SAM and nickel wide 9 pass rusher, which means he can possibly see near starter snaps. He is an excellent special teamer and we no longer have Nzeocha to do that sort of role and play SAM. I'm significantly happier paying a guy like Ebukam a bit so that we can be flexible in the draft rather than misevaluating a guy like Reddick and sinking real starter + money there. But I do hope that deal is super Paraaged. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

That looks VERY familiar smdh...

You put him opposite Bosa and you may have a shades of our 2019 pass-rush. We still need Kinlaw to take that next step in development but this excatly what we need opposite Bosa in our nickel.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

He's an athletic freak, shows up...I Feel like this is likely a 1 year deal more than a 2 year deal...likely EDGE 3...I'm good with this deal. High upside type, even if he doesn't do anything more than he's done the last couple of years, he's still in line with EDGE 3 production from like Blair 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well I didn't even have to press play to know that was going to be ugly...... but I did 😪  . What in the world is Def EPA by the way? Environmental Protection Agency is the only EPA I am aware of. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Well I didn't even have to press play to know that was going to be ugly...... but I did 😪  . What in the world is Def EPA by the way? Environmental Protection Agency is the only EPA I am aware of. 

Expected points added - essentially the amount you change the game per play is the idea.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Nice signing abit of upside there. Plus allows aa to move inside on 3rd down which is always good. I love these sort of moves just wish it was there thinking when it come to the fb position. 

Juice contract is actually really good makes way more sense now.