49ers Sign OLB Samson Ebukam to a Two Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

13 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I like this signing. I’ve been trying to scout prospects that could fill this role like Ossai, but having Ebukam takes the pressure off having to take an EDGE high. I’d still like to take an EDGE in the draft, but not in the first 2 rounds unless someone crazy falls.

I still wouldn't mind grabbing a DE in the first or second. But I guess it depends on if we get Trent, and a Center.

All the advance stats with Ebukam check out. He's a solid situational edge rusher and if they can re-sign Hyder, then you are set at DL. Hyder is older but surprised we haven't heard much from him. Had a really good season and got to play off the edge full time showing what he can do there.  Maybe he signs today or tomorrow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All the advance stats with Ebukam check out. He's a solid situational edge rusher and if they can re-sign Hyder, then you are set at DL. Hyder is older but surprised we haven't heard much from him. Had a really good season and got to play off the edge full time showing what he can do there.  Maybe he signs today or tomorrow. 

I'd be estatic if we could resign Hyder. That would really be the icing on the cake for us and really open up our draft to go pure talent after #12.

Edited by 757-NINER

On 3/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I like this signing. I’ve been trying to scout prospects that could fill this role like Ossai, but having Ebukam takes the pressure off having to take an EDGE high. I’d still like to take an EDGE in the draft, but not in the first 2 rounds unless someone crazy falls.

How about another player in the similar mold like Chris Rumph II out of Duke. He’s another tweener that came play multiple roles and provide much needed speed opposite of Bosa. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GoLDRuSh47 said:

How about another player in the similar mold like Chris Rumph II out of Duke. He’s another tweener that came play multiple roles and provide much needed speed opposite of Bosa. 

I like Rumph, but he’s going to be a project I think. He really needs to bulk up if he’s going to play with his hand in the dirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I like Rumph, but he’s going to be a project I think. He really needs to bulk up if he’s going to play with his hand in the dirt.

I have found myself saying this about a lot of the edge class this year

41 minutes ago, John232 said:

TDN guys have been saying this class is mediocre but solid depth at edge. It’s a lot of guys are have great tools but need to develop or guys with great technique but not much ceiling or physical traits.

It's like the whole class is entering the draft a year too early. So many are undersized and raw. 

• Like 2

I’d have to imagine they’re trying to work on Hyder too, especially since he can kick inside too, which is valuable. Also have Jordan and Willis, who are adequate spot guys too.

if we pull off Hyder at reasonable cost, will be resounding success of an offseason and the first time time it will have felt like we gave proper attention to the position. Even when we picked up Bosa and Ford it still felt like we had no one behind them with any upside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John232 said:

I’d have to imagine they’re trying to work on Hyder too, especially since he can kick inside too, which is valuable. Also have Jordan and Willis, who are adequate spot guys too.

if we pull off Hyder at reasonable cost, will be resounding success of an offseason and the first time time it will have felt like we gave proper attention to the position. Even when we picked up Bosa and Ford it still felt like we had no one behind them with any upside.

I thought Willis was a free agent, no?

• Like 2