49ers Sign OLB Samson Ebukam to a Two Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

I would like another edge that can run the arc. You can't just have one speed rusher these days. Some QBs are so fast you gotta match their speed. 

Forcing a QB to step up into an interior rusher might as well be a sack in my book. 

We have mixed and matched our DL very well with Saleh. I am pumped to see how demeco Ryans schemes it up. We need to keep Hyder. He earned himself a nice deal and he is probably worth pushing some money into future years. Versatile players help build different packages. Let's give this first time DC some extra tools to work with. 

Side note to this, ebukam will undoubtedly see a lot of McStinky in practice. Maybe Mike will finally figure out how to block a speed rusher. I feel like dee Ford would probably torch him in practice to the point it may have hurt his confidence? I mean, there's no way Mike ever won a single rep lmao. Dee is really the only speed rusher we've had until now, which is baffling to me

Feels like every year we need DE and WR depth. So let's not just add one player and think we are good 

Edited by N4L

On 3/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I like this signing. I’ve been trying to scout prospects that could fill this role like Ossai, but having Ebukam takes the pressure off having to take an EDGE high. I’d still like to take an EDGE in the draft, but not in the first 2 rounds unless someone crazy falls.

Hamilcar Rashed Jr. in the 3rd round!