Rams re-sign Leonard Floyd - 4 Y, 64M

RamRod

Not sure how I feel.. hope he can repeat/improve. Would be really nice if now we can have something consistent from another rusher not named AD. That would almost let us plug and play guys like we did with Floyd/Fowler at a different rushing position until we find a player we want to keep. Get comp picks for the guys that we don’t keep. Not sure if any of that even made sense with how I worded it 

I feel like we could've got someone cheaper who would've given us what Floyd will (Miller, Ingram, Dupree, Clowney, Kerrigan, Reddick), but I'm done trying to figure out who they choose to give out big contracts to.

No matter how they got the money and chose to give it to, it'll be nice having Floyd back., 

30 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Yeah I need to see the details otherwise on the surface this looks like a massive overpay. Okwara and Yannick got 13per and Barrett got 17... I find Floyd to be more like the formers.

Ngakoue got 13 M/year ? And we overpaid Flyod 16M/ year ? Damn....once again bad bad contract....

I like this deal for the Rams. Again people are quick to jump to questioning the Rams FA choices. How many times are we going to do this? 

Just because its free agency doesnt mean players are going to come free. Floyd is young, he had his best season and instead of bringing in someone who isnt familiar with the team why not keep those who are. Floyd is great against the run, he will continue to be a big factor to give Donald help to rush the passer, and if the new DC wants to come in a continue to run the same defensive scheme that Staley ran, you might want to keep the guy who was familiar with it in Chicago. Dont you think? So again I like this deal for the Rams because how many people thought the Rams wasnt going to be able to keep at least one of Floyd or Johnson without at least applying the tag? Rams sign Floyd to a long term deal and quite honestly Im dont like the idea of signing 1 and done pass rushers. I like some continuity. Donald deserves to have a guy that he is familiar with and knows his tendencies. So now Floyd and Donald can be a force again for this upcoming season and seasons to come while the young guys like Obi and Lewis can continue to grow and develop and gain more experience. Well deserved for Floyd and Im all for players getting their money especially when they deserve it. Floyd deserves it after the season he had and again he will help the system that Staley implemented last season continue to go even without him with the new DC because he has more experience in it than anyone on the Rams defense dating back from his time in Chicago. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Again people are quick to jump to questioning the Rams FA choices. How many times are we going to do this? 

Until they stop overpaying players with huge contracts only to get rid of them a year or two later.

They have earned the skepticism. Even if you are fine with the signing, you have to agree with that. 

• Like 1