Patriots sign WR Nelson Agholor

RaidersAreOne

I'm extremely happy with FA results. I don't care what dollars were spent or who we could of, would of, should of had signed. It doesn't matter. What matters is did he address the needs on this team. WR check, Edge check, DL check. S check. None of us have a clue why he ( how much)paid  or who he signed. EX Ndamukong Suh, BB hey we looking to sign you what would it take. Suh don't bother I don't want to play for the Pats. BB I pay you 10 time the going rate. No deal.

I love the WR signings they are perfect.  I believe that you don't look at or care who the players are but how they fit into the whole unit. NA averaged 18+ yards a catch, his job in the unit is GO DEEP. I don't care if he drops 100 balls or how much he got paid. His skill set is perfect for Jason Bourne 😁 and Jonnu Smith and Meyers and our running game, its perfect. Great job BB.

DL again here's is what I look at,  does the player we signed fit the scheme and  does he have the size to be successful. EX  Judon 6'3 261 , Davon Godchaux, 6'3 320, Henry Anderson, 6'6 300+.  Last, I would bet 99.9% on this board had any idea what L Guy would do wiyh the  Pats when they signed him. Matter fact most of us said who the heck is this guy. I know I did!  Like I said I don't care what player they signed or what they did on other teams. Do they fit our team and fill a need. That's it. 

I hope BB spends every last dollar this year, it the perfect time. Cap is low and we have a boat load of money. IMO the cap is sure to go back to normal and most of these deals will have little effect on the cap going forward.

Last I would ask to keep a eye on who is negative on the deals in the media or who uses the phrase " my sources" when they give their opinion.  They are full of crap and know jack, sources are other SPORTS WRITERS!!!! That's it.

I watched last night there was sports writer saying  his sources said Judon is just like A Thomas the Pats bust. GMAFB. You know he's talking crap becasue of the Ravans angle!!! It makes a better story and if gives a certain image to the fans that  migt believe that crap! 

When a SW uses sources,what he actually saying is your an idiot and you will fall for the crap I sling!!

EX   Watched Albert Breer, this guy is connected to every team on the planet, he has millions of sources. He's one of the SWs that BB brutalized and his panties are still in a twist.  Breer is that whining brat in grade school. Nan Nan I'm telling. Breer shut up!

Edited by m haynes

34 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Byrd is a free agent, I would imagine he is gone

Yup

35 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

some people say he is the same player as Meyers, others say he is about to break out,etc. 

Bourne is an improvement. Meyers is still improving but is more of an inside guy. Bourne is a legit lead receiver in 2021 at least. Not the best in that role obviously, but totally competent in it. Bourne is like what people hoped Malcolm Mitchell would be, but slighter and less injury riddled.

39 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Gunnar gets beat out by a mid to high rookie pick who can perform special teams duties

39 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

a value Waddle in the 2nd-3rd rounds would be a nice compliment

Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa

all the FAs are solid to good players but most importantly at positions where BB can't draft more busts. WR doesn't look special but good enough. TE looks great. Mills is a versatile DB, so BB probably doesn't overdraft a 2nd round DB there.

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Mills is a versatile DB, so BB probably doesn't overdraft a 2nd round DB there.

no, just pays 6 mil for one that is just as bad really but has a little NFL experience for whatever that is worth.

Probably going to take Zavon Collins or target Baron Browning at LB in the second round instead though to your point about not drafting DB in the second this year. If not LB in the first or with the second, then a center perhaps.

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Byrd is a free agent, I would imagine he is gone

Agholor / Bourne / Meyers are locks at the moment imo. News on Bourne is all over the place.. some people say he is the same player as Meyers, others say he is about to break out,etc. 

I think Harry gets traded during the draft and Gunnar gets beat out by a mid to high rookie pick who can perform special teams duties. Edelman depends entirely on if he is healthy. Someone like Waddle would be perfect to pair with these receivers, pure speed and special teams value, I obviously don't expect them to pick him but a value Waddle in the 2nd-3rd rounds would be a nice compliment. 

Huh. Could have sworn he signed a 2 year deal.

Don't get the Meyers/Bourne comparison. Bourne seems like more of RZ threat than Meyers, based on their TD totals. He's an inch shorter, but the same weight. Haven't seen much of him, but the bits I remember he reminded of Anquan Boldin, tough to bring down and good after the catch. Neither of those are qualities I would associate with Meyers (not saying he's bad, just not his signatures).

I doubt there's much market for Harry. Getting much of anything for him at this point would be a bonus. And I hope you're wrong about Gunner, he was my UDFA camp babby.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

no, just pays 6 mil for one that is just as bad really but has a little NFL experience for whatever that is worth.

Probably going to take Zavon Collins or target Baron Browning at LB in the second round instead though to your point about not drafting DB in the second this year. If not LB in the first or with the second, then a center perhaps.

He is solid as a safety. We are moving on from Brooks, J McC and I wouldn't be shocked about Chung.

I really have to wonder why they picked Agholor over Samuel .. he just signed for basically the same money with one more year. Is this just them wanting a taller guy on the outside? Samuel can be just as much of a deep threat and is more versatile as a player.. can only assume that they believe Agholor is more on the upswing and is going to continue getting better after last season with the Raiders... or it could be a matter of them evaluating WR's poorly lol 

I still want one more WR on this team, a slot guy with top end speed and agility. Make Meyers your solid #4 WR behind Agholor / Bourne / rookie .. im talking Rondale Moore / Elijah Moore / D'Wayne Eskridge.  

If they don't sign/draft another WR it says a lot about what they think about Meyers, but I have a feeling they still won't be a fan of Meyers having a big role.. he's really smart but a 4.6 guy isn't going to make it long term in the slot

He's a great #2 and a solid deep threat, love this signing just wish we could have got him for 20 mil instead of 26. 

Going from Jakobi/Harry/Byrd/Asiasi/Izzo 

TO

Agholor/Edelman/Bourne/Jakobi/Henry/Smith 

Is a HUGE Upgrade! 

I love Jules but I honestly think it's time to replace him we have two younger guys who are great in the slot Jakobi and Bourne, I'd honestly think about releasing Jules and signing or drafting someone who can be a true #1. I've wanted to draft Jaylen Waddle maybe we could pick him up, or maybe even sign Will Fuller. 

1 hour ago, JohnCena said:

He's a great #2 and a solid deep threat, love this signing just wish we could have got him for 20 mil instead of 26. 

Going from Jakobi/Harry/Byrd/Asiasi/Izzo 

TO

Agholor/Edelman/Bourne/Jakobi/Henry/Smith 

Is a HUGE Upgrade! 

I love Jules but I honestly think it's time to replace him we have two younger guys who are great in the slot Jakobi and Bourne, I'd honestly think about releasing Jules and signing or drafting someone who can be a true #1. I've wanted to draft Jaylen Waddle maybe we could pick him up, or maybe even sign Will Fuller. 

I don't see Edelman having much of a role there anymore at 35. Maybe trade him to Tampa and he can be a cheerleader like McCoy on their bench but I don't see a lot of playing time here for him.

If we do grab another WR it should be through the draft but I'm fine with the group we have now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

or it could be a matter of them evaluating WR's poorly lol 

They have a track record that suggests a low prioritization of the receiver position when it comes to evaluations in particular. Could be that the Patriots criteria includes a demonstrably progressive improvement year over year, (meaning improvement must be evident every season), in which case Agholor fits Bill's bill.

Edited by DoleINGout

11 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Jaylen Waddle maybe we could pick him up, or maybe even sign Will Fuller. 

I'll pass on both. Reason, WR in the 1st, is crazy. Especially this year. Fuller to much money, but if price is right, I'm all for it.  I look at WR as a unit with different roles. That why i was so excited with NA. He gives you the LB threat. Lets say that his job to open the field for our other 3 new targets.  The only time I would take a WR such as Waddle is when you have everything else in place. We need QB,CB, OL and LB. This where I use my top pick.

This is just me but I don't see much difference between Waddle and Moore who you can take in the 2nd RD.

Edited by m haynes