Jaguars sign S Rayshawn Jenkins

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Also worth noting that the values coming out now are usually max values. If it's more like $6 million per year with incentives that can get him to $8 million, I like it a lot better.

I was super confused on the Agnew signing until I saw the breakdown/it being $4M gtd.

Think it's best to analyze a contract once details come out. It's usually always better than the surface view.

Just now, .Buzz said:

The Urban connection. I also think Samuel with solid QB play that can get it to him consistently deep has a chance to be scary.

Truthfully, not big on Juju.

I'm the opposite. I think Juju can be a star with good QB play. I don't see it with Samuel. Seems like a tweener to me. I think he'll be decently productive, but he won't live up to his contract.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm the opposite. I think Juju can be a star with good QB play. I don't see it with Samuel. Seems like a tweener to me. I think he'll be decently productive, but he won't live up to his contract.

Guess we'll see. I believe Samuel graded out as one of the best deep ball targets in the game last year with Teddy and co. under center. He had Cam who was breaking down the couple years prior.

Just feels like an ideal fit imo. Not many know him better than Urban either.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Guess we'll see. I believe Samuel graded out as one of the best deep ball targets in the game last year with Teddy and co. under center. He had Cam who was breaking down the couple years prior.

Just feels like an ideal fit imo. Not many know him better than Urban either.

I don't trust those sorts of things when the guy has not shown that ability to this point in his career. His depth of target in 2020 portrays him as more of a slot WR than a deep threat.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I don't trust those sorts of things when the guy has not shown that ability to this point in his career. His depth of target in 2020 portrays him as more of a slot WR than a deep threat.

I mean truthfully I don't think we're targeting him to be a deep threat. Just an observation I found interesting. I also don't think his QB situations have allowed that to be possible either.

It's more so his jack of all trades ability. Get the ball in his hands and let him work. We need a guy like that. Shenault brings that element but is more of a bruiser w/ freaky physicality. We need more speed/take it to the house ability. He provides that imo.

This team has been signing “top talent” in Free Agency at the expense of depth for a decade. And then when some guys get injured, they’re surprised the team can’t compete with even bad teams. Glad they’re finally seriously addressing the need for depth and getting some of the top depth guys out there.

If they sign no big names, then yeah it’s a bad thing. But there’s still so many more players that were potential targets left. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Juju has been declining in production and is 2 much with his off field tiktok crap. 

Samuel might be a tweener between rb and slot but Meyer knows how to do with guys like that

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Juju has been declining in production and is 2 much with his off field tiktok crap. 

Samuel might be a tweener between rb and slot but Meyer knows how to do with guys like that

Juju's production declined in 2019 because of Ben's injury and Juju's injuries. In 2020, his efficiency was down because Ben's arm was shot, so they needed him to play a very specific role for Ben. If I'm betting on a WR in this FA class with A-Rob and Godwin off the market, I'm betting on Juju. He's only 24 years old and has shown he can play at a high level.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Juju's production declined in 2019 because of Ben's injury and Juju's injuries. In 2020, his efficiency was down because Ben's arm was shot, so they needed him to play a very specific role for Ben. If I'm betting on a WR in this FA class with A-Rob and Godwin off the market, I'm betting on Juju. He's only 24 years old and has shown he can play at a high level.

Still can't deny his tiktok bs.