Jets sign WR Corey Davis (3 years, $37.5M, $27M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, rickyt31 said:

We'll see, I don't think we should cut him but if we end up with someone better, it's fine. If not, we're just creating another hole to fill and less targets for our next QB. 

We’ll see, I e stopped thinking about what I want for this team and what I’ll think we do tbh

Just now, Dr.O said:

We’ll see, I e stopped thinking about what I want for this team and what I’ll think we do tbh

I definitely understand it. I'm just tired of cutting players without having someone ready to take their place. The WRs can be pretty good this year. Crowder has been solid although we've had terrible coaching and QB situation. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I definitely understand it. I'm just tired of cutting players without having someone ready to take their place. The WRs can be pretty good this year. Crowder has been solid although we've had terrible coaching and QB situation. 

Guys like Toney, Rondle Moore, Elijah Moore, and AmonRa StBrown are guys I’d love to get to replace him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

One factor you have to remember is that Gase’s offense typically funneled targets to slot WRs

Just now, Dr.O said:

One factor you have to remember is that Gase’s offense typically funneled targets to slot WRs

Of course, but Crowder has always been solid even in Washington. So he didn't look good because of Gase. Give Crowder a better system and QB, he's probably a 1k WR. With Davis added on, that takes off some of the attention he'll receive next season. I'd keep him unless we land someone ready in the draft. 

Just now, Bianconero said:

I'd rather just sign Curtis Samuel and hammer our other needs tbh

Toney/Moore/StBrown in the slot with Mims and Davis on the outside will be dangerous in this offense in 2022.  Whether it's Sam or Wilson or 2022 rookie, we are setting that QB up for success.  Can easily grab OL with the other pick but yes we did mess up IF WE LOWBALLED Thuney and Linsey.  

Trade Sam for 2nd

Wilson, Moore, W. Davis, CB then another iOL in the 3rd.

16 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Guys like Toney, Rondle Moore, Elijah Moore, and AmonRa StBrown are guys I’d love to get to replace him

Those are all great guys. I would like us to draft one. But I still wouldn’t trade it cut Crowder. Let a guy like Rondle Moore be the number 4 this year and then slip him into the slot role.