Jets sign WR Corey Davis (3 years, $37.5M, $27M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Can easily grab OL with the other pick but yes we did mess up IF WE LOWBALLED Thuney and Linsey

From what I’ve heard, we did not even call about Linsey. I can only assume JD wants McGovern at OC. There are still plenty of OG’s out there and there will be a good prospect available at 23 or 34. As I mentioned, this is a strong draft for WR and iOL. Weak at PR and LB at least in the top of the draft. So we get those two positions in FA along with a starting WR. Signing a WR alleviates the need to start a rook WR across from 9 game starter Mims.  Good planning and strategy IMO.  That said, I still wanted Thuney or Linsey.

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Why?

Crowder while very good would be expendable (salary) if the Jets were to sign say a JuJu the difference would be minimal and the Jets would have a player would could stretch the field. Having Shuster, Davis, and Mims would give CB's fits. It would be like adding a top WR for say 6 million. Davis is a Crowder type player.

10 minutes ago, Big T said:

Crowder while very good would be expendable (salary) if the Jets were to sign say a JuJu the difference would be minimal and the Jets would have a player would could stretch the field. Having Shuster, Davis, and Mims would give CB's fits. It would be like adding a top WR for say 6 million. Davis is a Crowder type player.

I would imagine JuJu wants to play outside if he signs elsewhere.   Less tax on physical.     Davis and Mims should man outside.  Thats it.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

I just don't see the need to spend more money in that position when it's already good. We have other positions we need to work on. I don't hate the idea of replacing him, but I don't think it's a need. Getting a TE, OG or picking up another 4-3 LB like Kwon Alexander is where I'd like to see money go. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Can literally walk away in year 3 without issue but 11.16M for a 28 year old with a rising cap is a steal. 

Yeah can’t argue in price. KG was my favoured FA WR though so it will be interesting to see what contract he gets. 

How does the Davis deal compare to Robbys in Carolina?  

Edited by xenajets

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah can’t argue in price. KG was my favoured FA WR though so it will be interesting to see what contract he gets. 

How does the Davis deal compare to Robbys in Carolina?  

With a lower cap he takes up a larger percentage of the cap than Robby did last year and has more guarantees than Robby signed for with Carolina but he signed early so he clearly had more suitors. No one wanted Robby outside of us and Carolina. 

Robby made 12M last year, 8M this year. 

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

With a lower cap he takes up a larger percentage of the cap than Robby did last year and has more guarantees than Robby signed for with Carolina but he signed early so he clearly had more suitors. No one wanted Robby outside of us and Carolina. 

Robby made 12M last year, 8M this year. 

Yeah so very comparable then really. I’m glad we’ve got him on board but like I said I’d of preferred Golladay but hopefully Mims and Davis can be a solid outside threat. Defo will help in the run game having those two beasts blocking downfield.  

Edited by xenajets

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah so very comparable then really. I’m glad we’ve got him on board but like I said I’d of preferred Golladay but hopefully Mims and Davis can be a solid outside threat. Defo will help in the run game having those two beasts blocking downfield.  

Golladay probably asking for a lot. He hasn't been linked to anyone yet.